Off-Course Golf Shoes FAQs
There are several types of men’s casual golf shoes that are perfect for the clubhouse:
- Loafers: A loafer can easily be slipped on and feature a low heel with no laces. Shaped like a moccasin, loafers can be paired with any golf apparel, from men's golf pants to men’s golf shirts. You can find the classic penny loafer, leather loafers, and several other styles.
- Wing tips: A classic off-course golf shoe is the wing tip shoe, which gets its name from the leather overlay that creates a “W” shape.
- Slip-ons: If you’re looking for a casual golf shoe that can be put on right after a round of golf, consider a pair of slip-on golf shoes, which feature no laces and a low construction that make them easy to slide on.
- Sneakers: Another pair of casual men’s golf shoes are golf sneakers, which can be worn with men’s golf shorts and golf pants alike.
Golf courses and country clubs often have a dress code, which means where you play dictates the type of off-course golf shoes you wear. For example, formal country clubs may have a stricter dress code. In this case, more traditional golf shoes like leather loafers, penny loafers, or wing tip shoes are appropriate. On the other hand, casual golf shoes like golf sneakers, slip-ons, and slides can be worn at clubhouses with more relaxed dress codes.
Because golf is a professional sport, it’s important to look the part. When styling your casual golf shoes, there are a few key tips to keep in mind:
- Color: To create a curated men’s golf outfit, ensure the color of your men’s casual golf shoes matches the rest of your apparel. For example, brown leather golf shoes pair well with tan golf pants and shorts, while black shoes go well with gray or black pants.
- Material: Casual men’s golf shoes can be made from a wide range of materials, such as leather, cotton, suede, and polyester. Choose casual shoes that are made from materials that align with the materials of the other garments you’re wearing and the weather.
- Accessories: Your golf shoes should also match the accessories you’re wearing. For example, if you’re wearing brown leather loafers, make sure to wear a brown leather men’s golf belt.