Golf Shoes for Women FAQs
When it comes to women’s golf shoes, there are two main types to choose from, spiked golf shoes and spikeless golf shoes:
- Spiked golf shoes: Spiked golf shoes can either have plastic or metal spikes. However, plastic spikes are more common due to clubhouses banning metal spikes for the damage they cause to the greens. Spiked women’s golf shoes offer excellent traction and grip, which is great for wet conditions.
- Spikeless golf shoes: While spikeless golf shoes were less common, they’re becoming more popular due to the innovations brands are making to help them compete with the grip and traction offered by spiked golf shoes. Spikeless women’s golf shoes come with an outsole with rubber lugs that increase stability during a golfer’s swing and add traction to prevent slipping.
The best women’s golf shoes should be comfortable and supportive. As you search for golf shoes for women, keep the following factors in mind to ensure you find the perfect pair:
- Breathability: Your feet expend a lot of heat, which means your pair of women’s golf shoes should be constructed from breathable materials with adequate airflow and moisture-wicking capabilities like leather.
- Supportive: Your golf shoes should also provide the support you need to get through each round of golf while keeping you stable and planted firmly on the ground during each stroke.
- Size: The wrong-size shoe can leave painful blisters and calluses that can impact your performance. To find the right-sized shoe, use a shoe fitting guide to find the perfect fit.
- Style: Women’s golf shoes should also be stylish with the ability to match a wide range of outfits. The best women’s golf shoes should match your personal style, so shop for various colors and models to match your look on the course.
The features you look for in a pair of ladies’ golf shoes are also similar to what you should look for in other golfing gear, such as women’s golf apparel and women’s golf gloves. The clothes and gear you use should keep you comfortable and supported when out in the green so you can deliver your A-game every time.
There are countless places you can buy women’s golf shoes, including brick-and-mortar stores, pro shops at clubhouses, and directly online. Whether you’re buying custom golf shoes or a traditional pair, do your due diligence and research different brands and reviews to ensure you’re taking home a quality pair of golf shoes for women. At FootJoy, you can find an array of classic and athletic styles, comfort levels, and features.