Golf Shoes for Men FAQs
There are countless men’s golf shoes on the market from various brands, which can make choosing the right pair a challenge. To find the best men’s golf shoes, it’s important to know the different types. Golf shoes can come in two different types, spiked and spikeless:
- Spiked golf shoes: Spiked golf shoes can feature plastic or metal spikes, with plastic spikes more common as clubhouses are banning metal spikes for the damage they cause to the course. Spiked men’s golf shoes are often preferred by most golfers, as they offer excellent traction and grip on the course and in wet conditions.
- Spikeless golf shoes: Brands have made great improvements to spikeless golf shoes over the years to make them compete with the traction and grip spikeless golf shoes offer. Spikeless men’s golf shoes typically feature an outsole with rubber lugs to help stabilize golfers during their swing.
The type of men’s golf shoe you choose comes down to your personal preference. Regardless of the shoe you choose, it’s important to keep them protected by storing them in a golf shoe bag and cleaning them regularly to increase its longevity.
The best men’s golf shoes will keep you comfortable no matter how intense your game of golf gets. You can walk several miles during a single round of golf, which means you need golf shoes that have all the right features. The best golf shoes for men will be:
- Breathable: Your feet can warm up on the course, which means you need a pair of men’s golf shoes that are made from breathable materials with adequate airflow and moisture-wicking properties like leather.
- Supportive: Golf shoes should also be supportive, with plenty of cushioning and stability to keep you planted firmly on the green during each stroke.
- The right size: To avoid blisters, calluses, and moving around in your shoe, you need to ensure you’re playing in the right size. Use a shoe fitting guide to ensure you find the perfect fit for your golf shoe.
- Stylish: Your golf shoes should also speak to who you are. The best shoes for playing golf will match your style, so shop for shoes in different styles and colors to match your game-day look.
The cadence for replacing your golf shoes depends on how often you play. A general rule of thumb is to replace your golf shoes every 15-20 rounds. This is because golf shoes can break down and stretch over time, providing less support and structure needed to play efficiently. Whether you’re buying custom golf shoes or a traditional pair, make sure to clean and care for them regularly to increase their lifespan.