#1 SHOE IN GOLF           #1 GLOVE IN GOLF
FREE STANDARD SHIPPING ON ALL ORDERS $150+

Anyone played Wolf Creek?

Anyone played Wolf Creek?

•  

The Mrs. and I are headed to Zion and along the way we're planning on playing Wolf Creek.  My questions are:

Is it worth playing?

Are there any other hidden gems in the area, and is the course walkable?

Thanks FJC!

Josh

•  

Morning Josh

This looks like an inspiring course from their web site. Quite breathtaking. Sadly this is not one I've been to, but based on the images I'm looking at, this is a not to be missed stop on your journey. Do tell us how it is and send your own snaps please!

•  

There's a  Wolf Creek in SW Va -  let me say an little interesting country course.

:-)

•  

I played there 7 years ago in Aug. The layout is great, but the conditions very a lot because of the time of year! You really need to find out what they are going to be like when you're going to be there. I would play there again if I knew it was like it's supposed to be. Sand Hollow in St. George is worth the side trip! Not that far away from Wolf Creek, about an hours drive. Good luck and Zion is beautiful! :-)

•  

Hi Josh,

Overseeding went on the beginning of September through the 19th.  It's got to be well healed by now.

We were there in June when the weather was hot, but we caught a nice week for golf.  I believe the course is riding only and lots of stair hike up to the back tees (which I did not play).  The course has plenty of elevated tees and greens making many of the other fairways visible in emerald green and white sand bunkers against the rugged earth around it.  It's really pretty!  I think it's worth a round at least once, but I would play it again.

Anyway, as golferdrmjr, mentioned, St. George isn't far and has some good courses.

Have a fun trip!

• 4584 points

Have not played Wolf Creek but a few of my friends have and say it is a beautiful layout but not very forgiving. It is on my bucket list though. have fun.

• 2337 points

Not golf related, but if you are going to Zion NP you should also take in Bryce Canyon NP.  It's a little north and east of Zion/Springdale.

•  

That's a bucket place list for me.  Please share any details if you go!

•  

Thanks FJC.  Wolf Creek is definitely on the list!  The majority of the trip will be in National Parks, so I'm not sure if I'll sneak in more than one round, but keep the suggestions coming.  We leave in a couple weeks.

•  

Sauce,

You may be the only person I have ever heard wanted to walk Wolf Creek.   Lots of tee boxes on high peaks and distance between tees.  

But a fabulous track.

TT

•  

I'm a walker Tiger.  What I can say...

OUTIGER
    Sauce,

You may be the only person I have ever heard wanted to walk Wolf Creek.   Lots of tee boxes on high peaks and distance between tees.  

But a fabulous track.

TT

•  

joshgiano
    I'm a walker Tiger.  What I can say... Did you check with Krystal on walking that course? Just sayin'

OUTIGERSauce,

But a fabulous track.

TT