#1 SHOE IN GOLF           #1 GLOVE IN GOLF
FREE STANDARD SHIPPING ON ALL ORDERS $150+

Annual Buddies trip

Annual Buddies trip

• 4599 points

Headed out next week for my annual buddies trip to Myrtle Beach first week of October. We have from 50 to 60 guys ever year. I have been going for 33 years of the 35 years the group has been going. We play 4 days and then return home. Great group and looking froward to seeing everyone. Most of us are in our 70's so this could be our last year, but we hope not.

• 4599 points

I guess no one cares about my buddy trip so I guess I will hot post anymore thanks guys

•  

I'm certain the belief that "no one cares about your trip" is absolutely not the case. Rather, many of the folks inside the FJC are more sporadic in their involvement. After a decade now, daily/hourly posting is beginning to wane here. I apologize for myself, because I've been traveling and away, so just literally seeing the post now.

I'm glad to see your guys going strong at 35 years, and with such a robust number of people! I'm part of a similar group going to Myrtle, but we're now down to about 10-12 guys. We celebrated year number 28 this past April ourselves. Do enjoy the time, fellowship, and friendships. Every year is a blessing.

•  

You are most likely back by now.  How was the golf?  Any photos?  These trips are always worthwhile and, like both Tar Heel and golfchick have said, lack of response is most likely due more to lower participation on the forum rather than lack of interest in your trip.  I've also noticed that some posts don't show up in my feed until long after they have first been posted.  Not sure why that happens, but this is the first time I've seen this post or your other one on the Buddies Trip in my feed.

•  

I can't even begin to imagine the logistics of a group that big.  It's enough of a hassle getting 7 other guys to pay attention to anything!  Hats off to your group for pulling it off so consistently.

• 2337 points

50 to 60 guys is a very large group.  Obviously you can't play with everyone during the trip.  Hope you had great weather for your trip.  I assist with a buddy trip every year.  We have 16 guys that go, 8 from Dallas area & 8 from St Louis area.  We meet in Arkansas and over three days we are able to get in at least one round with everyone in the group. Next year will be our Ryder Cup year, right now StL holds the cup!

• 4599 points

Thanks for the reply. I am in Myrtle now and playing our last day, having alot fun and meeting all the guys again and hope to make it back next year.

• 4599 points

Thank for the reply and I am playing our last day today 10/9 and I am already looking forward to next year.

•  

Buddies trip is a great time- glad to hear you're able to go consecutively for many years.  Those are awesome time!

•  

Sorry I didn't see this sooner.  Hope you had a great time.  Where all did you play?

•  

WOLJAM
    I guess no one cares about my buddy trip so I guess I will hot post anymore thanks guys

Hope you had a great time.  Just got back from a buddies trip to NC.  Have been out of touch.  Hope you had as much fun as I did.  My wife just reminded me we have not been home much this month and we will continue traveling thru the end of the  end of the month.  Has been a very busy month for us.  =)

•  
    The annual trip sounds like a lot of fun. You can't beat good people on a great golf course. That is something to look forward to every year.
    • 4599 points

this was our 36th year and the guys that get it together are amazing this was my 33rd year and everything goes off with no more than a few minor glitches every year.

• 4599 points

over the years I have managed to play with everyone, but some years I do not get to play with guys that are close friends. We had great weather this year and the only problem with a group this large of old guys is that we are losing good friends and member every year.

• 4599 points

no problem we had a great trip good weather and good times. We played Sea Trail Byrd and Jones courses, Meadowlands and FarmStead. Bird and Jones green where very slow but both courses in excellent condition and Meadowlands greens where great and course in excellent condition. Farmstead was the best course we played and I finally birded the par six after 6 times playing the course.