#1 SHOE IN GOLF           #1 GLOVE IN GOLF
FREE STANDARD SHIPPING ON ALL ORDERS $149+

How Long Do Pro/SL Soles Last?

How Long Do Pro/SL Soles Last?

•  

I'd like to take a poll. For those of you who have any version of the Pro/SL, what has your experience been with the durability of the soles?  Do they last one year? two years? longer?  How often do you wear your Pro/SL's?  Do you wear them only on the course? or to/from the course, as well?

Thanks in advance for responding.

•  

Hey Ted! I've got one pair of the original style, when they were called DryJoys Tour Casuals. They are 4 1/2 years old and have 54 rounds on them. I only wear them when I get to the course, and try to walk on the grass as much as possible. Even playing 150 rounds a year, I have so many pairs of shoes that I only wear them about 10 times a year.

I think they are wearing pretty good. Lots of nubs left. The only spot that shows any real wear is the second and third set of nubs in the center row. They are worn almost level, right under the ball of my foot. The outer leather still looks very nice.

I recently bought two pair of the previous generation Pro/SL's at a really good price and look forward to wearing them in the near future. Cheers! :-)

•  

golferdrmjr
    Hey Ted! I've got one pair of the original style, when they were called DryJoys Tour Casuals. They are 4 1/2 years old and have 54 rounds on them. I only wear them when I get to the course, and try to walk on the grass as much as possible. Even playing 150 rounds a year, I have so many pairs of shoes that I only wear them about 10 times a year.

I think they are wearing pretty good. Lots of nubs left. The only spot that shows any real wear is the second and third set of nubs in the center row. They are worn almost level, right under the ball of my foot. The outer leather still looks very nice.

I recently bought two pair of the previous generation Pro/SL's at a really good price and look forward to wearing them in the near future. Cheers! :-)

Thanks, Don.  I get lots of questions about the durability of the soles and I'm seeking FJ Community input to help me develop a standard response. I have four pair - DryJoys Casual, two laced Pro/SL first gen, and the first gen BOA.  The BOA's have been worn the most, on course only, and show similar wear to yours. I'd have to do some work to figure out how many actual rounds I have on them, however.

• 5464 points

I have one pair first gen boa and one pair 2nd gen regular lace I like the regular lace better than boa. my boa shoes seem to come loose during round. I wear both pair on course only. I have played 10 or more rounds in each and the boa's seem to wear more on the left foot front left side more. I play golf year round 4 days a week and I must say I like my cleated shoes more than the uncleated. I do not buy the boa's any longer it is just too hard to keep them tight while playing.

•  

I have a "wear test" pair that I got just before the release of the shoe. I wear then both on course and to / from the course. I would guess I have 40+ rounds on them and the soles show little if any wear.

•  

Howdy Ted

I'm rotating 10 pairs in total, including all vintages dating back to the original DJ Casual model. As Don and Rick have mentioned, wear is very good on these. I will also add I have a bit of drop foot on my right side, meaning I drag the heel more than on my left side, and have not noticed any appreciable extra wear on that right shoe at all versus my left.

•  

I got a pair of those line green trimmed test DJ Tour Casuals and the bottoms are still in good shape.  I have seven pair of the Pro/SLs and rotate them.  Have every generation except 2020.  Wear them only at the course and very little exposure to the parking lots.   My primary shoe and I love these them.  Extremely comfortable and great traction.      

•  

I have one pair of two year old Pro SL that I rotate with.   I change into golf shoes at the truck and walk in parking lot a little bit to go check in.  I would say after two or three years the spikes under the balls of my feet are worn.  Mine are two years old and the spikes are about halfway gone.  This is one reason I like the spiked shoes so much.  It is simple to replace the spikes and have optimum traction again.  

• 710 points

I only have one pair of Pro SL's and wear them every time I play. Only at the course and try to not walk on paved surfaces too much.  They are 2 years old and have around 125 rounds on them.  The soles are still in good shape.  Looking to make them my backup pair soon when I purchase the new Pro SL.  Really looking at getting a pair of the Tour X also.

•  

Many thanks to several FJ Ambassadors and to Woljam for responding.  I am disappointed, though, that more Fj Community members who have Pro/SL shoes have not responded.  i am therefore rebooting this thread to see if anyone else has comments on the durability of the soles.

•  

Ted - I'd love to comment, but I do not have any Pro/SL's.

•  

Hi Ted, very much the same with Don, I also have the old DryJoys Tour Casuals- two of them, but not the Pro/SL.  Both of those combined probably had 80 to 90 rounds and I must say that they both are holding up very well.  Also, the wear on them are also under the ball of my feet.  They both have plenty of life in them.  The upper are both in great condition although the white/orange looks like it has had more wear than the navy, but maybe it's just that the white shows more crease than the navy.

I only wear them both to the course.  I also put them on from home so there's a few steps across the parking lot and I remember being in a restaurant after the round with the navy pair once.  I try to walk on grass as much as possible with them- I actually do not like walking on pavement with them because it feels as if I might slip.  Hope this helps.

No'l

•  

Also, 85-90% of those are walking the course.

•  

Thanks, No'l.  This is the type of response I'm looking for.  Those are the same soles, just the predecessor line to the Pro/SL's.  I also have a pair of those, but don't have forty plus rounds on them yet.

noeldaof
    Hi Ted, very much the same with Don, I also have the old DryJoys Tour Casuals- two of them, but not the Pro/SL.  Both of those combined probably had 80 to 90 rounds and I must say that they both are holding up very well.  Also, the wear on them are also under the ball of my feet.  They both have plenty of life in them.  The upper are both in great condition although the white/orange looks like it has had more wear than the navy, but maybe it's just that the white shows more crease than the navy.

I only wear them both to the course.  I also put them on from home so there's a few steps across the parking lot and I remember being in a restaurant after the round with the navy pair once.  I try to walk on grass as much as possible with them- I actually do not like walking on pavement with them because it feels as if I might slip.  Hope this helps.

No'l

•  

Don't have any of this model but I'm noting the info for whenever I decide to grab a pair.  Good question thanks.