#1 SHOE IN GOLF           #1 GLOVE IN GOLF
FREE STANDARD SHIPPING ON ALL ORDERS $100+

Forums

FJ Flex Golf Shoe

• 311 points

Any opinions on the FJ Flex shoes? Liking the look and cost, curious how they perform. Should i pursue the Flex, or am I better off going with a more traditional golf shoe? Also, have never owned spikeless before so any opinions on spiked vs spikeless are also welcomed and appreciated. Thanks!

(Note: I know the FJ Flex are not waterproof, and will still have my now current pair for wet days)

• 6 points

I’ve been wearing spikeless mainly for the past 4 years my feet love them. I do have one pair of spikes for rainy or wet conditions though.  I’m looking at getting Flex models next I have some pro sl currently

•  

feindog

Personally, I use the Pro/SL spike-less shoe. Very stable, supportive, and a great look on course. This shoe is totally "it" for me now. For comparison, I have been an Icon guy since 2009, and have gradually migrated to the Pro/SL.

•  

I have 5 pairs of the FJ Flex and love them all.  I honestly wear them almost everyday to work or out after work.  Super comfortable and has worked out perfect for me on a few occasions where a buddy gives me a call to come over and play a quick 9 after work.  Since I had no desire to make an effort to slap on golf shoes (always FJ, just many different styles) I just left on the Flex and went at it.  It was later in the day, and not wet out at all.  The Flex performed great, felt great, and had happy feet after the round, and yet saved some time changing shoes in the locker room that I reinvested up stairs at the mahogany bar with a nice cold beer to wrap up the day.

I do not often wear the Flex while playing as I mentioned above.  My go to shoe was always a very stable type of sole, Synergy, then XPS, and now TourS, but I have played with many different spikeless models as well.  I guess it all depends on the day.  When I know I am getting a little quick with my swing, I will play my next round in a spikeless pair.  I guess mentally it helps me slow down my swing, knowing I am not "grounded" or in contact with the ground as much when wearing a spike shoe.

To be honest, @$90 a pair, you really can't go wrong.  Even if they don't work for you on the course, you will not be wasting your money, as you will also gain a Super Comfy shoe to wear or add to your collection.

Best of luck, and let us know what you decide to do.  It would be great to hear that you picked up a pair and they worked out for you....

All the best,

-Brian

•  

The Flex is a very comfortable shoe that I highly recommend.  Have them in black and blue.  A number of folks do wear them on the course and are pleasantly surprised with the traction.  Cameron Smith, PGA pro has been seen with them wearing them on tour.  Know you will be very pleased with their fit and performance.    

• 4590 points

I have spike and spineless and I like the skies best, but my  spineless SL's are great for walking. I do not own a pair of FJ Flex yet.

• 4590 points

Great read

Thanks

• 4590 points

Thanks

Chuck

• 2903 points

Verrrry comfortable. Best for the range and casual wear.  I’m not happy with the grip and lateral stability, however.  And use is best restricted to dry conditions.  But for the price, awesome shoes.

•  

I wore a pair the other day for an evening round and loved them.  Super comfortable and no issues with slipping.  We even had a light rain for about 2 or 3 holes on the back 9 and I still didn't have any issues.  Incredibly happy with them.

•  

Did you all see the new Flex design with a wing tip that FJ dropped recently?  What are your thoughts?

• 4590 points

I like spiked shoes but I will try a pair of the Flex