#1 SHOE IN GOLF           #1 GLOVE IN GOLF
FREE STANDARD SHIPPING ON ALL ORDERS $149+

Florida on Lock down

Florida on Lock down

• 5206 points

Even though our state is on lock down Golf is considered a essential activity. I am in a gated golf community and we can play as long as we follow the glidelines ,one person per cart ,maintain distance from one another, no swaping clubs, do not touch other peoples clubs balls or racks, do not touch flag stick, no passing money. What are other clubs doing? Tough times and tough measures. Everyone be safe out there!

•  

Pretty much the same here plus no signing for checks from the beverage cart, no rakes in the traps, water coolers have been removed from the course.  

We're walking the course these days instead of riding and noticed quite an uptick in members walking lately for the same reason, just eliminates a few more variables.

•  

Arizona too has listed golf courses as essential businesses, along with barbershops, hair salons, and nail salons. Those last 3 are beyond foolhardy, which means there's lots of blowback on anything being open, including golf. As mentioned above, every countermeasure is being taken at my club, but when I was last there the social distancing was abysmal.

Then yesterday news came that a resident in the community has tested positive for C-19, which means the virus is "inside the gates." Sadly, I am now staying away from the course until May 1st. Too much risk, and I am not willing to take it given my own auto-immune risk factors.

Stay inside. Stay safe.

•  

"What are other clubs doing?"  NOT opening! Pretty much every course in California is closed! No golf, no range, no short game, no nothing! Stay at home is the order of business. It's helping our state immensely in the reduction of the virus spread, but I'm missing playing something fierce!

As Randy said "Stay inside. Stay safe."

• 5206 points

rakes have been removed here too but still no walking and no water coolers. stay safe out there

• 5206 points

I cannot believe that barber shops and salons are open they are all closed in Florida! On our course we maintain social distancing and a lot wear masks. Still no virus cases in our community.

•  

My course remains open for members only. All the safety measures are in place. The first case in my county was discovered yesterday. Tightening up my own safety net.

•  

Our local governments have issued stay at home orders, but the governor of SC has yet to follow........two local businesses were fined for being opened in Charleston (a beauty shop and a gym) after being told earlier in the week to please close shop.  I live in a small city of 90,000, Mt Pleasant, it was announced that we have 42 reported cases on the news this morning.  Right now golf is not essential.  I have not played since the first week of December and frankly I have not missed it, and I played three to four days a week.  When we get back it will be awesome and will take a lesson or two and see what the future brings.  Right now just staying safe, having a bandanna and a mask in the car and watching a lot of old movies from my youth, i.e., Little Rascals, 26 Men, Roy Rogers, Rawhide, etc.....and some old golf footage.......think the Little Rascals were the funniest....when you think about what they did....just being kids.....and they were creative in what they did......not TV no computers, no cell phones.......just making do with what they had......how many knew that Buckwheat was Spivey's sister in the early episodes and that "Otey" was first said by Porky not Buckwheat.....y'all be safe now, yah hear.....cheers  

•  

Massachusetts has closed all golf courses.  Tough cll, but the right one.

• 5206 points

agree

• 5206 points

Good to hear you are doing ok and staying safe Chuck. The little rascals where one of my favorites and the three stooges was another. those where the good old days.

•  

With all the golf courses along the coast of SC, wonder if the governor will make that call.....think he is behind the eight ball or at least appears to be with his decisions lately.......there are a lot of courses in Myrtle Beach and Hilton Head/Beaufort......some are doing it on their own, which is a smart move....might as well face the fact that the spring tourist business is a total bust......our mayor has stated NO short term rentals in Mt Pleasant......stated 42 reported cases but that is in the older part of Mt Pleasant total of 68 including northern newer area.....stay at home order is a good thing.....Walmart limited number of people coming into stores........and the media does not make it any easier........only listen to Lester Holt and local news......

•  

Vigilance.....

The good people of Arizona put so much heat on the Governor last week that late Friday he issued orders to close the barber, hair, and nail salons. Much cheering on that one from everyone statewide. Course still operational, but each day one or two close of their own volition.

I remarked to my wife yesterday that I am really considering having that large practice putting area installed in the yard when this all blows over.

Stay safe folks. Next few weeks will be so important.  

• 5206 points

we are still playing on our private course in a gated community so all is ok now and we practice social distancing. No outsiders allowed.

•  

Went to the grocery store this week and they are monitoring entrance and exit and most shoppers wearing masks.  As I was leaving, noticed that the liquor store was open next door.  Found it interesting that it is considered essential.  Cannot get a haircut, but can buy booze.  No big deal, but am getting shaggy.  My daughter and I agree to disagree.  Heard Dr say on TV last week that overeating and alcohol are not two ways to be solving stress during the pandemic.  Have plenty of coffee (one cup a day), orange juice, water, sodas and powerade.  Courses still open here, guess it is up the owners.  I play at the muni and they closed it last week.  Stay safe, be strong and don't worry be happy.....