#1 SHOE IN GOLF           #1 GLOVE IN GOLF
FREE STANDARD SHIPPING ON ALL ORDERS $149+

What Does Everyone Do Now?

What Does Everyone Do Now?

•  

Courses are closed, driving range are closed.  Hitting into a net is fine, and putting on a mat is okay, but there must be something else.

So on 03/22/20, the fourth day of being home, I went out with my wife and drove to the desert in the morning and in the afternoon.

Sunday morning weather was gorgeous- patchy clouds with very little wind in the high 50s.

Sunday afternoon. Cloud covered skies breezy 12-15 miles an hour with light showers.

Out in the open desert of Antelope Valley (California) with beautiful scenery, I took with me a bag of balls and a few clubs and a laser finder. In the afternoon, I had my whole bag with me and more golf balls. Both times I hopped on the four by and got as far away as I could from anyone in sight which isn't hard to do from where I live anyway.

The morning terrain I found was towards east and a slight up hill facing some wild but patchy poppy flowers. In the afternoon, I was on top of a hill with some gorgeous terrains below, somewhere in the west side.

I never thought I would say this about a land of tumbleweeds, Joshua trees and maybe some type of junipers with some patchy poppy flowers from a distance, but I found it to be gorgeous, peaceful and perfect for target golf ball shooting. I was able to hike up and down but it was probably less than a half a mile all together. In the end I was able to satisfy some parts of golf activity.

Stay safe everyone.

•  

So far, I'm midway with through the second week of working at home and it was just announced that it will be extended at least through the 3rd.  I'm getting a little stir crazy, since I have set up my "office" in our bedroom so that my wife and boys have more run of the house so the room is quieter for me to have conference calls and in general, work.  Being in here 18-20 hours per day with work and sleep is getting old.  

With respect to golf, I'm pretty lucky.  The club is still open, but with restrictions.  The clubhouse is closed other than to check in for a round, no food or beverage service indoors, members can only charge items to their account and don't have to sign their checks for the time being.  On the course, only one person per cart, you have to schlep your bag from storage or onto the cart (until I joined the club I did my own fair share of schlepping), they have put PVC in the cups so the ball doesn't go all the way down if you make it, no rakes in the traps - everything is lift, clean, place, everything inside 2 ft is considered a gimme.  

Other than that, the family and I are just trying to stay safe as I hope all of the community is safe as well.  This is the weirdest thing I've ever seen in my life and I'm trying to keep it positive.

•  

Able to do just about anything I want, Watch grandkids in morning, have lunch, go to driving range most afternoons, come home watch what happened in the  world, have dinner, watch some TV, and then go to sleep, wake up and start all over Again.  Should be able to start playing again on Saturday..Then my routine starts again.

•  

Work from home. Grounded from flying until maybe May.

I am supposed to have the annual Myrtle Beach golf excursion on April 21st-25th. Discussions underway on keeping it, since courses are open. But it's still only 50/50.

Stay inside and stay safe

•  

One of my courses closed effective yesterday (and just announced it would open again tomorrow); the other has stayed open.  County is under Stay Home restrictions, with exercise exempted.  Course that stayed open instituted restrictions:  unless you cohabitate with the person only one person per cart, carts first come first serve; cups have insert so flag sits up higher and ball cannot go fully into the cup, making it easy to retrieve the ball (we play if you hit the pin, the putt is considered in); do not touch or remove the pins from the cups; rakes have been removed, so bunkers are lift and place, if necessary, and smooth with foot after hitting from bunker; do not pick up other persons clubs.  Carts are sanitized overnight and before being put back out for use after someone completes a round.  Clubhouse is open for drinks only, no dining (chairs removed); beverage carts still running.  Course recommends all players follow CDC social distancing guidelines before/after play.  Still check in inside the clubhouse.

•  

As we say down south, piddling....am limited to what I can do, but am doing some things I have put off.  Back to going to PT twice a week.  People seem to be canceling and I am on the waiting list for an additional day.  Also have ten exercises to do at home that are killers the days I do not go to PT and of course walk two miles a day when I do not go to  PT, well at least one, they said to cut back to one now with all the exercises.  Am counting the days, tomorrow is week seven after the surgery.   Watching a lot of golf reruns.  Mental development.  Avoiding contact, but this is a lot of closeness with my wife of 42 years.  We both are retired and have done a good job of distancing all these years.  She is a keeper.  Has really be good for me during this surgery and recovery. Waiting to hear from our travel agent to see if our group trip to Europe is going to be cancelled for June 7th.  In a wait and see mode.  Hope all are safe and doing well.  I have my temperature checked each time I visit the PT clinic and so far the highest it has been was 97.9 and has come down to 97.1 today.  They are there to check with an armed guard.  Hey, I do not have a problem with that.  

• 5206 points

I live in a gated golf community in Florida and only members can play so I play 4 days a week we use our own carts and everyone rides alone we practice social distancing and no money is passed around cups are raised and we do not touch the flag stick.

• 5206 points

Same rules for my club but all restaurants and bars closed pro shop is open

• 5206 points

glad to hear you are recovering

• 5206 points

My group is still planning our annual Myrtle Beach trip for first week of October and hoping everything will be back to normal by then!

•  

WOLJAM
    My group is still planning our annual Myrtle Beach trip for first week of October and hoping everything will be back to normal by then!

Should be...big SEC football weekend on the 10th in Columbia....UT vs USC.....could be a big week at the beach for those coming over from Tennessee......MB a short drive to Cola....big game

• 5206 points

Yes UT vs USC is always a big game and lots of people will be there from Tennessee, but I had rather watch on TV, as I will just get back from MB and a week of golf.