#1 SHOE IN GOLF           #1 GLOVE IN GOLF
FREE STANDARD SHIPPING ON ALL ORDERS $149+

What ball are you using

What ball are you using

• 5206 points

I know as we get older our swing speed changes and so does our ball of choice. The pro v1x was my ball of choice for many years then I went to the dt tru soft, but now I use the yellow tour soft and I love it. I am now 73 and it preforms very good for me with my slower swing speed.

•  

I play two balls, Callaway Chrome Soft X triple track in the Summer and the Callaway ERC triple track yellow in the cold months.  I also will hit the 70 mark this summer.  My swing speed has dropped also, more due to back and elbow surgeries.  I play now for the enjoyment of the game and not playing anything competitive anymore accept my clubs Club championship and senior club championship..  

•  

Turned 73 in September.  My driver club head speed still hanging in there at 93 mph with ball speed at 132 mph.  Thanks to my coach and my fitter.  Still using the Prov1 and scoring well in my opinion, who did not start playing until 1985 and when out and started banging balls.  I am happy shooting in the high 70's and low 80's on my home course, and still playing a few senior tournaments a year in the area.  Of course right now just trying to get well.  Walking, physical therapy, tuning my game then on the course again around April.  Have lost around twelve pounds so far.  Wonder if my speed will drop after this surgery, guess we will know in about eleven weeks.  With each of your speeds dropping have you tried or tested the Titleist T4 driver to go with those balls?.  Designed specifically for those lacking in speed.  I tried it at my iron fitting in September and I was all over the place with it.  Just too light for me.  May have to go that route in the future.

=)  

•  

The TS4 is definitely not for those with lower swing speeds! If you are looking for a Titleist driver designed for slower swing speeds, try the TS1.

Don't try to pick a ball based on swing speed. That is pretty pointless. If you hit 50 full shots during a round, none of those shots, even with the same club, with be made with the same swing speed.

Pick your ball starting at the green and work back. Pick the ball that feels and performs best for the scoring shots. All the balls in the Titleist line are within 3-6 yards of each other off the driver.

•  

19hole
    The TS4 is definitely not for those with lower swing speeds! If you are looking for a Titleist driver designed for slower swing speeds, try the TS1.

Don't try to pick a ball based on swing speed. That is pretty pointless. If you hit 50 full shots during a round, none of those shots, even with the same club, with be made with the same swing speed.

Pick your ball starting at the green and work back. Pick the ball that feels and performs best for the scoring shots. All the balls in the Titleist line are within 3-6 yards of each other off the driver.

You know Rick the meds for my surgery must be clouding my memory.  The T4 is the Adam Scott Driver.  Had to be the T1 driver.   My apologies to the community for my inaccuracy.  My bad......

•  

While I flirted with the AVX for a few months, I went back to old reliable, the Pro V1x.  The AVX is a great ball, but I struggled with the lower spin around the greens, too much run out for me.  Always felt like on my short chips I was sending all the way across the green.  

Although with the prior generation on sale these days, I may go back just to save a few bucks.  

• 787 points

I play the AVX due to my high ball flight and high spin.  I played Prov1 and the X for years though.

I play the TS4 driver and love it.

• 5206 points

I tried the AVX when it first appeared and was not getting the distance so I went back to Tour Soft.

•  

I will play any ball, but if I have to pay for it, I'll take the Pro V1.

• 5206 points

Nice