#1 SHOE IN GOLF           #1 GLOVE IN GOLF
FREE STANDARD SHIPPING ON ALL ORDERS $149+

Union Green

Union Green

•  

Just read Acushnet is starting a new golf ball brand..  Union Green won’t be part of Titliest but a separate company under the Acushnet umbrella.  It will be for the low end buyer.  Two ball configurations, Distance ball $19.99 and a dual core ball $27.99.  Named Teebird and Pindrop respectively.

What could be next a lower price Footjoy line?

•  

Check it out at www.uniongreen.com

•  

From what Acushnet has purchased up on the apparel side, it does not appear to be any low-end companies being acquired.

I thought this to be a really odd move.  I just find it really hard to imagine ever looking down at anything other than Titleist on my ball....

• 5206 points

There are plenty of low end golf balls on the market now, so I guess Titliest wants to grab that market also!

•  

Possibly a Pinnacle replacement?  New name + new marketing = new buyers

•  

ToddL
    Possibly a Pinnacle replacement?  New name + new marketing = new buyers

That was my first thought too.  Put a snell, vice type spin on an old brand that already make low priced balls.  It's interesting, but I'm clearly not their target demographic - although I did dig the coffee mug and love to play golf with well behaved dogs...

•  

More info on Union Green from GolfWRX: www.golfwrx.com/.../acushnet-union-green-golf-ball-brand

•  

Supply and demand

• 5206 points

good thought probably true

•  

Well this is interesting indeed.

As my health and game have declined, the days of being able to discern between a spin rate, ball speed, and having not a care about any of that stuff. That lead me to switch over to  Snell, a DTC brand that suited my needs quite nicely. Couldn't really note a difference, and losing them didn't break any bank. So this news surely lets me consider coming back over into the family.....

•  

Tar Heel
    Well this is interesting indeed.

As my health and game have declined, the days of being able to discern between a spin rate, ball speed, and having not a care about any of that stuff. That lead me to switch over to  Snell, a DTC brand that suited my needs quite nicely. Couldn't really note a difference, and losing them didn't break any bank. So this news surely lets me consider coming back over into the family.....

Definitely worth looking into.  Still has some distance and spin, but a great price.  

•  

Bob, that probably would be a great idea as we all know FJ & all other major brands are overpriced!  Look at the coast of a dozen ProV1's.. Totally ridiculous!! I like playing the ball but I will never buy a dozen new, just keep playing the good one's I find. Sorry this might P... some diehards off but I'm tired of helping these companies get rich. Might as well be Drug companies selling all this equipment!!

•  

They are as expensive as the other major brands, and that is why I buy mine in the spring when they run their specials....buy three dozen and get one free....mine will last at least a year, maybe longer.....Nothing like a new Prov1......also play in a few tournaments a year and pick up a few dozen with my gift certificates and swag......guess where there is a will, there is a way......all about choices and I respect to all opinions.......and I am a Titleist loyalist....  

• 5206 points

will do thanks

• 5206 points

If i find a good ProV1 or ProV1x I will play it but I cannot afford to buy them