#1 SHOE IN GOLF           #1 GLOVE IN GOLF
FREE STANDARD SHIPPING ON ALL ORDERS $149+

World Handicap System

World Handicap System

•  

Happy new year, everyone!  Have any of you had the opportunity to give the new WHS a try?  I've got three rounds in already this year, and am finally able to post the scores in GHIN, either on the App or the website.  I had to reload all of the people I had listed as "friends" in the old system in order to get their indices for our regular play, which took a while.  

So far, I'm pleased with the new GHIN App, with a couple of exceptions.  First, I don't see a way to quickly change the list of golfers for a given round, to add/subtract people as I move from one course to another.  Second, and perhaps more confusing, is the new Course Handicap calculator.  To give an example, today I have an 8.6 index.  As I enter normal courses that I play frequently, I see some rather odd, to me anyway, results.  One of the courses I play has three tees from which I play depending on the group:  Blue at 72.1/127; Yellow at 69.4/122; and Red at 66.1/108.  When I ask for my course handicap for each set of tees, this is what comes up (in the same order):  10, 7, and 2(!!!!).  For another course, the Blue tees (72.8/127) come up also as 10; the Forest tees (70.3/120) come up as 7; but the Silver tees (68.1/116) come up as 7 also.  Yet another course is similar to the results for the second one:  Blue (72.0/135 - 10; White (69.9/125 - 8); and Silver (66.7/117 - 8).  Up until the change, I would have expected 10 or 11, 9 or 10, and either 8 or 9 for each of these tees at each course.  Has anyone else noticed this?  Does anyone have an explanation? I also use both The Grint and GolfLogix to record scores.  I've not seen that either of these yet has the same course handicap results.

Have a great golf year.  And remember, FootJoy makes everyday playable.

•  

If the app worked I'd be happy. Multiple installs and only get an error message to contact the USGA. @ days later no response. Yet another USGA failure!

•  

Got it downloaded but haven't had a chance to mess with it or record a score, that may be a while till the weather gets going. Should be interesting once I get it going. That's odd that those handicaps are coming up that way.

•  

Like golf it is not a game of perfect.  With the whole world hitting the system at once it will over stress any system.  Be patient and it will clear up eventually.   Look how many debugging Apple has to go through with an update.  The handicap system will get several updates.  

•  

The app certainly looks much better and is more fully featured than before, so I take that as a good thing, although as Bob pointed out, it will take a couple of updates to work out the bugs (it's crashed on me a few times.)  I just have to get used to some of the flows of the app and see if tracking more stats in it is a help or distraction.  

• 5206 points

The new WHS is loaded with flaws and will take a long time to work out the new system

• 5206 points

I have the same problem and it is frustrating

• 1002 points

I have an index of 0.7, which makes it a 1 on most of the courses at any tee

It makes sense given the lower rating of a course to give you less strokes against it

• 1002 points

I'd like a handicap system that takes the best 8 or 10 of the last 20 rounds and doesn't count the best and worst of those best 8 or 10 rounds

• 1002 points

I'd like a handicap system that takes the best 8 or 10 of the last 20 rounds and doesn't count the best and worst of those best 8 or 10 rounds