#1 SHOE IN GOLF           #1 GLOVE IN GOLF
FREE STANDARD SHIPPING ON ALL ORDERS $100+
SHIP STANDARD BY DEC 16 FOR HOLIDAY DELIVERY

Putting the clubs away for a while?

Putting the clubs away for a while?

•  

While playing in a tournament this week I experienced a lot of pain during and after each round.  I could play up to eight holes then life became very painful and the old torso just would not turn when I needed it to.  Withdraw, never.  After the tournament, I went on line and checked the results of my most recent visit to the VA hospital and found that my X Rays showed that I have severe multilevel disc disease.  (L5-S1).  Additionally, when we were on a cruise to Bermuda a week ago and I could not walk for extended periods of time.  I have not been able to go to TT events for the past two events because I cannot walk 18 holes.  I contacted my Doctor at the VA and he has placed an order for me to have an injection that should give me relief.  I need something as soon as possible because it has really interrupted my quality of life.  Until the procedure is confirmed and completed "golf is not on my schedule".  In the meantime, I will limit my activities and take a few pain pills and use my Tens Unit.  The injections have been a proven method and can give relief for a year or so.  Cheers.  =(

•  

I can feel your pain Chuck.  My back surgery in March was a result of not being able to walk more than 50 feet.  The injections carried me for a couple of Years.  The surgery was the last option.  L5- S1 is the sciatic nerve which is extremely painful.  Find a great spine guy to go over all this with you.

•  

NCBob
    I can feel your pain Chuck.  My back surgery in March was a result of not being able to walk more than 50 feet.  The injections carried me for a couple of Years.  The surgery was the last option.  L5- S1 is the sciatic nerve which is extremely painful.  Find a great spine guy to go over all this with you.

Bob, last time I had this flare up, I went to the Southeastern Spine Institute, located here in Mount Pleasant, and the surgeon there said I was not a candidate for surgery and that the injection would work for a few years.  Age has it's advantages as it disadvantages.  Having been a smoker, had issues with weight control over the years as well as playing sports, have also been contributors.  Let's hope that surgery will be a last resort.  Thanks.....  

• 4787 points

Sorry to hear about your health issue buddy. I hope that you feel better after the injection and follow your doctors orders.

•  

Hey CZ sorry to hear about your back. Hope you get it sorted and back out on the golf course soon.

•  

Take care - time will help for sure -  just don't over do the desire to get back to the course/clubs

•  

Be careful and take your time rehabilitating before rushing back to the course.  At least you can keep us all up to date on the Forum while you mend.

• 4626 points

Very sorry to hear this Chuck and I hope that the injections work and you can go pain free for awhile.

•  

Yup. Those medical issues that creep in can curtail the golf game. Stinks I know.

Listen to the body and doctors. Take good care!

•  

Hoping for a speedy recovery for you, Chuck!  

•  

Sorry to hear.

•  

Chuck, don't worry man.  It will feel better when it quits hurting.  But seriously CZ take it easy and stay hydrated the best you can.  Water helps the muscles stay flexible.

•  

Aftering getting not so good news from the VA radiology, they informed me that the earliest they get me in for the injection would be February 2020, which it totally unacceptable.  I called the Southern Spine Institute and visited them this morning.  Spoke with the Doctor that I worked with in 2016 and I am scheduled for my Injection at 830am tomorrow.  We have an agreement that if the injection does not give me any relief within two weeks, I come back in for an MRI and we set a new plan.  I am good with that.  The Dr said that I can return to hitting that little white ball is December 5th, he first said one week but retracted that and then said lets make it two be extra safe and I liked that.  We did a big event in Hilton Head yesterday.  Lots of fun but very demanding physically and we got home at 1230am.   The customer was very happy, as always and so were the players, all 288 of them.  Good enough for me......slept very good....wore a back support  and that made the event go much smoother.....  =)

•  

OK Chuck, here it comes......

We all love golf and it's part of the fabric of our lives. But like all things, there are the limitations we all must face. Your's is currently your back, which is integral to playing golf of course, but even more important in the general quality of life. So take it easy will ya! I have to interject that it's appropriate to be an informed and involved patient, but caution first is very important with a back and your overall health.

You know may not know the intricacies of my health issues since my MS diagnosis in fall of 2017. There is absolutely nothing black and white with this disease at all. Day to day, minute to minute my physicality changes. On course that happens too, so in a 4 four hour round I can be my "same old player" self, and devolve into a 30 handicap in mere moments. I absolutely know how a body can test you, and timelines become laughable. Everything is grey, and as maddening as that is for me and my personality, even on days I can't accept it, that's my reality.

So take it easy sir. Treat your back cautiously so it can be good to you and thus you can have more enjoyable days on course. Please.  

•  

Time and all the wear and tear is taking its toll. Hope that they provide some of the latest procedures to get you back to playing health.