#1 SHOE IN GOLF           #1 GLOVE IN GOLF
FREE STANDARD SHIPPING ON ALL ORDERS $150+

DIY golf spikes?

DIY golf spikes?

•  

Did anyone watch Shark Tank the other night? A couple of guys got funding for Golfkicks, which are spikes you can screw in (permanently) to many sneakers.  shoes. 

They caution that the sole of the shoe you put them in must have at least 1/3 inch of rubber (not foam). The kit comes with 20 cleats ( choice of colors), and if you order Generation 3, you get a hex tool and a Sharpie to mark the location -- just follow instruction videos on the site. Here's a link to their site: https://golfkicks.com/ 

So if you've always wanted to play in Vans or your new Jordan 11s or Reebok Pumps instead of FootJoys, here you go. 

•  

Missed that but there's always somebody thinking out there.  Not really for me, but I applaud the ingenuity.

•  

Maybe I don't understand it.  So put spikes in any shoes, which means having to buy another pair of non-golf shoes to replace the ones that now have clown spikes in them?  

Why not just buy golf shoes, which are often more affordable than sneakers and generally waterproof?  

•  

kmcmellen
    Maybe I don't understand it.  So put spikes in any shoes, which means having to buy another pair of non-golf shoes to replace the ones that now have clown spikes in them?  

Why not just buy golf shoes, which are often more affordable than sneakers and generally waterproof?

Pretty sure it's supposed to be a fun thing -- not so much going out and buying new shoes to adapt, but turning some favorite shoes you already own into golf shoes. Like some slip-on Vans, or even flip-flops. I imagine all of us here will stick to FootJoys, but for a young crowd that eschews traditional golf shoes, it may be a good way to get them out on the course.

• 2912 points

It sounded like a terrific idea, until I checked out their website.  I'm not sure how long those things will stay attached. They just dont look durable.   I wish them luck, though.

• 508 points

I'm surprised they were funded

• 4599 points

wow would be nice