#1 SHOE IN GOLF           #1 GLOVE IN GOLF
FREE STANDARD SHIPPING ON ALL ORDERS $149+

Forums

Moving Day for MS- Golf Marathon

•  

Greetings fellow FJ folks

As some of you may know, in August of 2017 I was diagnosed with Relapsing Remitting Multiple Sclerosis. It is an understatement to say this was a life altering event, but I am not the only person within the FJC who has been impacted by MS. Our fellow FJC member Tim Roaten (dtr8) wife was diagnosed in 2013 with RRMS, and he's reached out to me with a request. 

Tim is holding Moving Day for Multiple Sclerosis Golf Marathon fund raiser. He is playing golf from dawn to dusk to raise funds to support MS research. So you are aware, there currently is no "cure" for MS, only drugs that slow the disease progression. 

You can read all about it at :

https://secure.nationalmssociety.org/site/TR?fr_id=31465&pg=personal&px=18256428

I know al of us have numerous charities we support. If you are willing to support Tim and I, we humbly appreciate your generosity, as do the one million other people who suffer this dread disease.

Thank you all

•  

I have joined Randy in donating to support Tim's efforts.  Good luck!

•  

Greetings

I'm very late in following up regarding our colleague Tim's success in his Moving Day for MS fundraiser. 

In spite of a steady rain through most of the day he battled through the elements (no doubt in FJ rain gear) completing 119 holes! Mother Nature stopped Tim at about 7:15 pm after an incredible effort.

Tim's established goal was to raise $5k, and hanks to folks generous support, $5,347.99 was raised. To quote Tim; "It was a lot of golf, a lot of fun with good friends and money raised for a great cause that effects both of our lives."

Tim is already planning for next year, when the event is scheduled for Friday, June 10, 2022.

I offer a humble thank you to those of you whose generosity made this possible. Onward!

•  

Appreciate the update, Randy.