#1 SHOE IN GOLF           #1 GLOVE IN GOLF
FREE STANDARD SHIPPING ON 2+ APPAREL ITEMS
LAST DAY FOR MYJOYS HOLIDAY DELIVERY DEC 9th

Forums

Putting the clubs away for a while?

•  

Tar Heel
    OK Chuck, here it comes......

We all love golf and it's part of the fabric of our lives. But like all things, there are the limitations we all must face. Your's is currently your back, which is integral to playing golf of course, but even more important in the general quality of life. So take it easy will ya! I have to interject that it's appropriate to be an informed and involved patient, but caution first is very important with a back and your overall health.

You know may not know the intricacies of my health issues since my MS diagnosis in fall of 2017. There is absolutely nothing black and white with this disease at all. Day to day, minute to minute my physicality changes. On course that happens too, so in a 4 four hour round I can be my "same old player" self, and devolve into a 30 handicap in mere moments. I absolutely know how a body can test you, and timelines become laughable. Everything is grey, and as maddening as that is for me and my personality, even on days I can't accept it, that's my reality.

So take it easy sir. Treat your back cautiously so it can be good to you and thus you can have more enjoyable days on course. Please.

Thanks, Randy.  Had the injection this morning.  Taking it real easy for a couple of days then not swinging a golf club for a couple of weeks.  If I still have the pain after two weeks will go back to the Dr and have an MRI and set new plan.  Otherwise I can resume a normal life, traveling the world with my wife and playing golf.  I had this injection in February 2016 and it has helped and the pain returned about six months ago.  At 73, hope this injection lasts this long again.  It does get me out of my household chores this weekend.  ha..ha..ha.. Life is just too short not too laugh at least once everyday.  Randy, I truly wish you wish you the very best with you health issues.  It is good to know your limitations and enjoy what we can while we can.  Cheers and thanks.  Chuck.          

•  

I can totally relate, I had the UCL (Tommy John) surgery last July, just got clearance from my ortho to even think about golf. I'm back, kinda…...

•  

Good luck, Chuck.  Golf course will be waiting for you, it's not going anywhere.

•  

Get well soon CZ!!  Take it easy and hopefully they get you squared away in no time.

• 4680 points

Get better soon Chuck!
    • 2343 points

It seems that as we get older and we have injuries that side line us for a while we are way to anxious to get back into the game.  Simply because the shot gives you relief doesn't mean you are ready to go out and practice/play.  Take more time to let your back really improve so that your not back at the Spine Institute within a couple weeks.  The game of golf will still be waiting for you when you are truly ready to get back at it.

• 3 points

Same here. I felt that pain a week ago! I know how it feels :)

•  

Barry B.
    It seems that as we get older and we have injuries that side line us for a while we are way to anxious to get back into the game.  Simply because the shot gives you relief doesn't mean you are ready to go out and practice/play.  Take more time to let your back really improve so that your not back at the Spine Institute within a couple weeks.  The game of golf will still be waiting for you when you are truly ready to get back at it.

Doc said a week should be good but two would be better to be safe and I feeling much better.  I had this same shot in 2013 and has lasted a long time.  Allowed me to play at least three days a week.  Plan on giving it a shot this Friday and wishing for the same long results.  Cheers and thanks to all.  

•  

Glad to hear it and that hopefully you'll be back, no pun intended, on the course in no time.  Hoping the shot last as well, looks like the family will be heading to Myrtle again next summer and I'd love to meet up with you guys again.