#1 SHOE IN GOLF           #1 GLOVE IN GOLF
FREE STANDARD SHIPPING ON ALL ORDERS $100+
SHIP STANDARD BY DEC 16 FOR HOLIDAY DELIVERY

Am I right?

Am I right?

•  

So I play golf with a buddy of mine from the gym time to time, usually early Sunday morning's at his course.   Has to be in late 50's, early 60s.  Real nice guy and good company.  Anyways, each time I've played with him, I give him ***.  WHY?   He wears black FJ shoes, pretty old and not sure on model but they've held up real nice for him over the years and doesn't want to get rid of them..  But he wears white socks with them...  sigh....   I try to tell him, black on black or white on white...   He tells me it's something the "old guys" do so leave me alone....  Am I right though?   It drives me mental when I see that, not sure why..  

And don't get me started with his other stuff..  Does FJ do makeovers? :)   

Anyways, just wanted to make sure I'm right on the sock and shoe part..  This way i can share the thread with him..  

play well!

•  

I with you on the socks to a degree.  Doesn't have to be black socks with black shoes, but should be in line with the outfit and not be white.

•  

Black socks with white shoes is seldom a good look.  I like the makeover idea.  Could be a whole new marketing thing for FJ!

• 2349 points

Hopefully they aren't mid calf or knee-highs.  There are lots of folks that don't care about fashion when it comes to golf, they wear whatever they feel like.  I'm sure we've all seen some rather bizarre color combos and outfits out on the course.

• 1795 points

One of my pet peeves as well.  I have played with "those" guys too.  I do not understand how anyone could walk out of the house like that?  And I still do not get the young-uns wearing the long black socks.  I am no fashion guru but I can at least tel what looks good and what looks bad.  I mean really!!!  You MUST look good getting off of the bus.  

•  

L M A O.  

Get on him with the FJ fashion police Speedy.    To each their own, but we are just spoiled here in the forums.

TT

•  

Chris...

Ouch. Ouch. OK, I am of the same "vintage" and clock into the 60 year old demographic. Been told I know something about color and fashion too, and may qualify as part of TT's fashion police.

You need to put your arm around your friend and gently tell him that you're proud of how he holds up for his old guy buddies, but that in order to look proper he needs to set the example. White socks with black shoes just simply isn't done. Looks bad. Real bad.

Socks should match the rest of the ensemble and blend the outfit. Usually if you're wearing a black shoe you have some other black apparel on. But you can wear a sock, say khaki, if you have on khaki shorts. But black socks is most logical and easiest.

Go buy him a pair and gift him "the art of fashion" next time he shows up with those shoes.....

•  

Yikes intervention is a must :-)

•  

Was it white crew socks in black shoes? :)

•  

I myself prefer to wear white shoes with tube socks that have colored circles on the top, just about a 1/2' or so below the knee

• 4626 points

YOU ARE RIGHT I am 71 and always wear socks that match the color of my shoes. I cannot stand it when I see guys wearing white socks with everything.

•  

Be polite and respect your elders. Isn't it enough that he's good company?

•  

Tar Heel, that's the plan...  Going to wait for a good sale and pick out an outfit for him...  He's hooked me up a lot with free golf at his home course so it's the least I could do....

•  

noeldaof

Haha..  I don't know...  All I saw was white socks, black shoes..  on top of that he's wearing this gigantic orange Columbia golf shirt..  One HUGE pumpkin I was calling him...  Zero fashion..  

•  

Chris H.

noeldaof

Haha..  I don't know...  All I saw was white socks, black shoes..  on top of that he's wearing this gigantic orange Columbia golf shirt..  One HUGE pumpkin I was calling him...  Zero fashion..  

LOL  LOL  LOL  ...don't say brown. :)