Golf outside USA

Golf outside USA

•  

I was wondering how many people have played overseas somewhere. Let me know where you've played and what your experiences have been.

•  

I have played quite a bit overseas. Japan, 6 hour rounds; Taiwan, tourament golf kinda fun; Austrailia, a true slice of golf life; Korea, again 6 hour rounds; Jamicia, a lot of fun; Bermuda, a must do golf experience (Mid Ocean Club); Ireland , very good golf in a very friendly place to play; Scotland, my favorite. Played almost all of the Open rota. Best place in the world to play!

•  

I've played a lot in Australia ... but oh yeah! ... I live there.

OZ-Crcman

• 2718 points

I've played in Taiwan,Hong Kong,Scotland and Ireland. Anyone who loves the game has to appreciate playing the historic courses in Scotland. It is a special feeling to play St.Andrews but Turnberry was the course that we enjoyed the most. Ireland was great and our two favorite courses were Ballybunion and Donnebeg ( a Greg Norman course which was an awesome surprise).

• 674 points

19hole
    I have played quite a bit overseas. Japan, 6 hour rounds; Taiwan, tourament golf kinda fun; Austrailia, a true slice of golf life; Korea, again 6 hour rounds; Jamicia, a lot of fun; Bermuda, a must do golf experience (Mid Ocean Club); Ireland , very good golf in a very friendly place to play; Scotland, my favorite. Played almost all of the Open rota. Best place in the world to play!

Mid-Ocean, Bermuda has got to be one of the great golf experiences in the world.

•  

I've played in Germany--including West Berlin when it was still a divided, occupied city--, England, Saudi Arabia (rolled sand fairways and oiled sand greens), and Bahrain (three courses:  one rolled sand fairways and oiled sand greens, the other two grass, including what is now a Colin Montgomery design).  Checked out the courses, but was unable to play due to other issues ongoing at the time in Saigon and Beirut.  Had no time or opportunities to play when I visited Australia, but would love to have had the chance.  Walked part of the Old Course way back when, but did not play as was visiting with my wife and my parents--really missed that chance, huh?

•  

Let's see: Canada, Mexico, Aruba, Bahamas, Scotland, Ireland, Spain, Italy,  and Phillippines.  Hit balls in Saudia Arabia but was a little busy at the time to play.

• 3539 points

I've played several rounds in the Caribbean and Mexico. My favorite course has to be White Witch in Jamaica (incredible views).  

•  

Ooouuu someone mentioned the Philippines.  I've only been to clubhouses of many courses out there, but never played any of them.  (lol)

*Mexico.  We were sauced from the night before.

*Puerto Rico (does that count?).  Rainy misty, but a great course.  Inexpensive, fun!

*Hawaii is part of USA, but outside the main land (that probably doesn't count)

Anyone notice that I'm trying to get as much in as I could from not much to begin with. (lol)

*Bali Indonesia.  One of the most unforgettable course I've ever played is out there.

*Thailand.  Amazing facilities and services. . . wonderful courses.  We are going back.

•  

After reading NCBob's post, I remembered that I could count Canada as being "overseas."  I have played the Banff Springs course--awesome is the only word needed to describe the scenic beauty of that course.  I have also played several courses in Calgary, Stewart Creek near Canmore, and the two courses at Kananaskis Country.  Stewart Creek was fun and challenging, even though a couple of the holes were a bit tricked up.  Like Banff Springs, lots of elevation changes, streams running through the course, and gorgeous mountain scenery.  Kananaskis is located in a valley just east of the beginning of the Canadian Rockies and also offered scenic views of the mountains.  The sand, even in the fairway bunkers, was exceptionally soft and fluffy, making it truly difficult to extricate oneself after finding a bunker.  Cool to start, warm during the round, then cool again as the sun went behind the mountains in the afternoon--and I played there in July!  I'd go back in a heartbeat to any of them.

•  

I played Spain, Morocco, Mexico, Thailand, Dubai and my homeland Portugal.

I would say if you intend to play in Europe Portugal will be a good choice with nice courses, good weather and fantastic food. Best places -to play Algarve and Lisbon coast.

•  

BRIAN, I HAVE PLAYED SEVERAL PLACES OVERSEAS.

KOREA

JAVA AND SUMATRA,INDONESIA

PUERTO RICO (IS THAT OVERSEAS?)

IRELAND

SCOTLAND

EACH HAD ITS OWN FEELING.

LIKE RICK SAID, SCOTLAND IS MY FAVORITE PLACE,,,,,THE PEOPLE REALLY KNOW, LOVE AND RESPECT THE GAME.

I'M READY TO GO AGAIN,,,,,,,,,,,,SOMEDAY,,I HOPE.

•  

yea i guess i should have said outside of US, not overseas. thats awesome. love hearing the stories. i have a chance to play in kenya in january. hoping that everything works out to go.