HOW MANY COURSES HAVE YOU PLAYED

HOW MANY COURSES HAVE YOU PLAYED

•  

Get out your calculators ladies and gents.

Like to think I have played a few but read the other day there are something like 350 courses in my State.

Reckon I have payed probably 70-80 of those (and alot of those only once) so quite a few to go.

So many courses ... so little time.

OZ-Crocman.

•  

wow....that would take a while for me to count.  i've literally been playing golf for as long as i could walk and have played all up and down the eastern (US) coast and in the Bahamas.  not nearly as many places as some other people, but i easily am probably over 100.  maybe i will write down where i've played out of curiosity.  probably take me a few days to just remember them all!

•  

Over a hundred, but under 200 for now. I have played in 10 different states but mostly on the west coast of the United States. my country has 1000's and I will never play them all:(

• 2801 points

Crocman,if you ever come to "The Colonies"  you could visit me in Rhode Island where you can play every public 18 holer in two weeks. Of course you can also drive from one end of the state to the other in 45 minutes. 

•  

zacho

Crocman,if you ever come to "The Colonies"  you could visit me in Rhode Island where you can play every public 18 holer in two weeks. Of course you can also drive from one end of the state to the other in 45 minutes. 

It's funny/sad because it's true!

•  

Played all over in Junior events and College. Have played a bunch of courses since then as well.  I would say over 250 courses.  That is a great question.

TT

•  

I have played in 8 countries and 15 states. Been playing about 100 rounds a year for over 50 years.  Used to keep track and had scorecards from each course but gave that up as it got out of control.

• 2956 points

I believe I am still under or right around 100, but I have played in 10 states as well as England, Ireland, France, Spain, Bermuda, Bahamas and Canada. I can play equally crappy in any language.

•  
    My number is pretty low, if it's more then 50 I would be surprised. But there are some great tracks sprinkled in that 50. Oakmont, Medinah, Bay Hill, Latrobe CC (Arnie's summer home), Bethpage, Newport CC, Shelter Harbor (a must if your in New England and can get on). The answer is yes, Oakmont can hold a US Open any day, anytime, it's that hard.

•  

What a question!  I would have to spend a couple of rainy, cool days just trying to recall all the courses I've played in 56 years of golf.  In the three years I've been in the Houston area, I believe it's got to be close to forty different courses, if not more, and that's not counting golf trips to Arkansas.  Unlike many of the FJAs and other Forum members, I've not been privileged to play at too many of the well-known, highly rated courses.  I mainly stick to munis and semi-private courses, and have enjoyed almost all of them, even when they've been in poor condition.  It's the game I love, not the locale.

• 2956 points

pulplvr,

"It's the game I love, not the locale"

PERFECT

•  
    I have traveled for most of my career, and taken my clubs with me every step of the way. Played in Canada (Glen Abbey), Mexico, Connecticut, New York, Georgia, NC, SC, Florida, Virginia, Illinois, Indiana, Minnesota, Nevada, Arizona, California, Colorado, Maryland, Massachusetts, West Virginia, Tennessee, and Ohio. Not bad...... And lots of enjoyable times.
    • 167 points

I have played roughly 150 courses and I am happy to share I will be playing Cog Hill in September as well as Whistling Straits in early July.  The best courses I've ever set my FJ's on are Medinah, Pebble, Kiawah (Ocean/Turtle), TPC Sawgrass, Kinloch, Bethpage, Cypress Point, Riviera and Pinehurst.

•  
    CROCMAN

Get out your calculators ladies and gents.

Like to think I have played a few but read the other day there are something like 350 courses in my State.

Reckon I have payed probably 70-80 of those (and alot of those only once) so quite a few to go.

So many courses ... so little time.

OZ-Crocman.

Did the sums and going better than I thought. Officially 120+ so a third of the way through my state! OZ-Crocman
  •  

Still working on it... so many courses in so many countries!