Courses near Tampa, Florida

Courses near Tampa, Florida

• 776 points

FJ Community,

A group of us from Utah are heading to Tampa, Florida for a work symposium and need to what course to play near Peterson AFB.

Please include price if known and what your experiance was like. Most in the group are good, but have 3 average participants.

Thanks in advance....

• 3627 points

Check out World Woods. If visiting in the summer it's a great deal. Otherwise it's still an excellent value as the Pine Barrens course is excellent. 

Later this year Streamsong is opening with 36 holes by Doak and C&C which is getting a ton of buzz and it would be worth checking out.

• 1790 points

I played the TPC a few years back and enjoyed it.   Also played at Clearwater CC. and Chi Chi's course (don't recall the name).  The city of Clearwater has a course which  I believe is called Mangrove Bay.  Nice track.  Also enjoyed the Biltmore.  Most of these was a while ago, so names may have changed and conditions might not be as good.

Friends and wife have played at Innisbrook but I don't know if you have to stay at the resort to play.  here's a link that I found useful.

http://www.tampabay.com/golf/

•  

it's been so many years since i played in Tampa, i don't even remember the name of the course i always played.  sorry.