Headed to Sunset Beach, NC

Headed to Sunset Beach, NC

•  

I'm headed to our place in Sunset Beach next week.  nothing like the first beach trip of the year.  this will be extra special because my wife and i will be taking our 3 month old daughter on her first trip to the beach.  looking forward to Easter morning church on the beach.  but i'm bummed i couldn't get tickets to Monday after the Master's at Barefoot.  my wife called to get me tickets but ended up being less than an hour after they sold out.

• 3627 points

tdogg21

I'm headed to our place in Sunset Beach next week.  nothing like the first beach trip of the year.  this will be extra special because my wife and i will be taking our 3 month old daughter on her first trip to the beach.  looking forward to Easter morning church on the beach.  but i'm bummed i couldn't get tickets to Monday after the Master's at Barefoot.  my wife called to get me tickets but ended up being less than an hour after they sold out.

Sorry to hear you couldn't get on Barefoot. Another (somewhat) close option is the Wilmington Muni. It's an old Donald Ross design restored by Ron Pritchard (Ross Guru). It's inexpensive but very good: http://www.wilmingtonnc.gov/community_services/recreation/golf_course.aspx

•  

Is that a Dustin Johnson gig at barefoot?  Lots of good courses all around Sunset Beach.  I especially like Tigers Eye and Carolina National.  Also a new course opened up the road a bit in Leland called Cape Fear National, it is highly talked about. Played it twice not overly impressed. Have a great time.

•  

PatCCraig

tdogg21

Sorry to hear you couldn't get on Barefoot. Another (somewhat) close option is the Wilmington Muni. It's an old Donald Ross design restored by Ron Pritchard (Ross Guru). It's inexpensive but very good: http://www.wilmingtonnc.gov/community_services/recreation/golf_course.aspx

Muni is a fun course to play. Ty Webb's home track.

• 3627 points

NCBob

PatCCraig

tdogg21

"Ty Webb"? A poster here?

•  

Have a great time with your family and since it is the first with your new daughter, it will be.

-ICONs for ALL

•  

PatCCraig

NCBob

PatCCraig

tdogg21

Yes he is, one of the early Ambassador's.  Nice guy, he will show up once a week or so.  Contact him through private messaging.

•  

NCBob

Is that a Dustin Johnson gig at barefoot?  Lots of good courses all around Sunset Beach.  I especially like Tigers Eye and Carolina National.  Also a new course opened up the road a bit in Leland called Cape Fear National, it is highly talked about. Played it twice not overly impressed. Have a great time.

Monday after the Master's is a Hootie and the Blowfish celebrity Pro-AM.  they've been doing it for like 10 years or so.  never been there for it until this year, and couldn't get tickets in time.  

•  

tdogg21

NCBob

Monday after the Master's is a Hootie and the Blowfish celebrity Pro-AM.  they've been doing it for like 10 years or so.  never been there for it until this year, and couldn't get tickets in time.  

Thanks, sorry for my ignorance. I now remember that Pro-Am. Raises a lot of money and a lot of good players usually show up.

• 3627 points

NCBob

PatCCraig

NCBob

PatCCraig

tdogg21

Yes he is, one of the early Ambassador's.  Nice guy, he will show up once a week or so.  Contact him through private messaging.

Got it, thanks!

•  

enjoy your vacation and i want to know of a church on the beach

•  
    T Dogg...... I love Sunset Beach! It's a wonderful place and gorgeous this time of year. I love the Atlantic in April! Lots of courses up and down the coast, so you have lots of choices down there. I know it's a bummer to not have the tickets, but you'll be with your family, so enjoy. All the best.
    • 3539 points

I just got back from a Myrtle Beach golf trip on Tuesday and I'm ready to go again. Nothing like a spring golf trip to that area! There are lots of great tracks in Sunset Beach (we played all the Sea Trails courses last spring on our trip). We played all the Classic Golf Group courses (Founders Club at Pawleys Island, Black Bear, Burning Ridge, and Indian Wells) last weekend and added Long Bay. I hope you have as much fun as we did! Enjoy the golf and the family time!

•  

Our place is on the ninth hole of the Maples course at Sea Trail.  So i'm sitting here on the porch watching the first few groups come through the ninth green.  much more enjoyable than sitting at my desk at work posting!  i could get use to this....

•  

Our place is on the ninth hole of the Maples course at Sea Trail.  So i'm sitting here on the porch watching the first few groups come through the ninth green.  much more enjoyable than sitting at my desk at work posting!  i could get use to this....