World golf's best resorts

World golf's best resorts

•  

When we want to dream a little, we have to read this article about the best golf resorts. Happy dreams!!!

http://www.golf.com/courses-and-travel/premier-resorts

•  

Sweet list. Played a couple on the Platinum list and will play Kohler in July.  Also played several on the gold and silver lists too.  

•  

Very cool list; I only saw the first picture though.

•  

Lusogolf

When we want to dream a little, we have to read this article about the best golf resorts. Happy dreams!!!

http://www.golf.com/courses-and-travel/premier-resorts

Have been to 3 platinum and a few of the others. Will continue those not visited or played on my "Bucket List".

- ICONs for ALL

• 3506 points

I have never able to get to a golf resort anywhere. Hoping that turns around this year and I end up somewhere!

•  

i saw this but can't look at some of those pictures enough.  especially on cold dreary days like today!  I've played Pinehurst and been to kiawah.  i don't live far from the greenbrier, so hope to get there maybe this summer.  thanks for sharing!

•  

tdogg21

i saw this but can't look at some of those pictures enough.  especially on cold dreary days like today!  I've played Pinehurst and been to kiawah.  i don't live far from the greenbrier, so hope to get there maybe this summer.  thanks for sharing!

If you get the The Brier.  You can play the Old White and never tire of it.  Played with Sam Snead there about 10-12 years ago. His advice stay below the hole at all costs.

•  

Id say Bandon Dunes is tops... Its nothing but GOLF, not much to do in the town other than crabbin'! And with four courses and a new 13 hole par -3 course, the price cant be beat!

•  

that looks like a nice golf course

•  

Played Starr Pass (Tucson) last month, 27 holes (Arnold Palmer Design) of golf in the Sonora mountains and arroyos.

-ICONs for ALL

•  

We all need a list of big dreams ! The way TNT describes it, Bandon Dunes could be the next stop on mine ? ! 

•  

NCBob

tdogg21

If you get the The Brier.  You can play the Old White and never tire of it.  Played with Sam Snead there about 10-12 years ago. His advice stay below the hole at all costs.

wow...playing with sam snead!  that must have been a great round.

•  

tdogg21

NCBob

tdogg21

I was playing in a pro am there and our pro use to be one of Sam's assistants 40 years earlier.  I have a straw hat and a signed scorecard.  He was in a cart by himself would hit his shot and take off, when he was ready he hit it and you better get out of the way. Still putting side saddle. This was about 2 years before he passed away. He was a ladies man all the way. It was fun watching him flirt with all the ladies on the driving range, ignored the guys as he walked down the line.

•  

NCBob

tdogg21

NCBob

tdogg21

I was playing in a pro am there and our pro use to be one of Sam's assistants 40 years earlier.  I have a straw hat and a signed scorecard.  He was in a cart by himself would hit his shot and take off, when he was ready he hit it and you better get out of the way. Still putting side saddle. This was about 2 years before he passed away. He was a ladies man all the way. It was fun watching him flirt with all the ladies on the driving range, ignored the guys as he walked down the line.

great story!  thanks for sharing.  i had a chance to meet him years ago at the PGA merchandise show, but he was mobbed with people so we decided to pass.  kind of wish i had, but it would have taken all day.

• 2661 points

TNT009

Id say Bandon Dunes is tops... Its nothing but GOLF, not much to do in the town other than crabbin'! And with four courses and a new 13 hole par -3 course, the price cant be beat!

I would have to agree Bandon Dunes it's like being at the Open. Great views!! Hoping to make another stop soon.