Best Courses in Mexico

Best Courses in Mexico

• 776 points

FJ members and Ambassadors,

I would like input as to where to golf in Cancun and Zihuatanejo Mexico.

I frequent these areas during the winter as Utah gets too cold to play.

I have played the Sands/Dunes and Jungle courses in Cancun. They are Jack Niculas courses, and are very nice, but am looking for diversity and good prices. My next trip is in March to Zihuatanejo, and I need input as this is a new area for my travel team. We will be there for 11 days. Please respond as to where you like to play when in Mexico.

Respectivley,

Stiker Wright

•  

I NEVER WENT TO MEXICO TO PLAY GOLF BECAUSE I HEARD THE WATER HAZARDS ARE IN THE DRINKING GLASSES!!!!!!

•  

Welcome to the Community.

I've been in Cancun area but just played in Riviera Maya Golf Club (Bahia Principe Hotel), close to Tulum and I recommend it.

However the most famous course in this area still being Mayakoba, a Greg Norman designed course.

•  

I think most of the courses in Mexico are way overpriced.  You would think you were playing Pebble Beach.

•  

Welcome to the forums Striker!

Unfortunately, I do not have any input for you as to courses, but I will be sure to ask my mom to see if she remembers where she played when she played for business/leisure down there. But, it was a while ago, so I'll post again if she remembers.

•  

i have never been to mexico because i dont know spanish

•  

Hah, there are probably more than just people who speak Spanish, some probably speak English too, but it would probably be better to know Spanish as you said. I went when I was a kid and don't really remember it.

•  

After some tequillas you will be able to speak any language. Mexico is a very cool place, have many good golf courses and is one step away from US.

• 3627 points

I've heard Mayakoba is very good as well.