Granite Links MA

Granite Links MA

•  

I got to get out to Granite Links which is one of the best courses in MA I'm told.  It definitely lived up to the hype.  It was cold and windy like a good links course should be, the course was immaculate, but I was really impressed with the eye candy. 

You can see the atlantic and some islands from a lot of the holes

And Boston from several others

And there's a couple of big hazards that were formerly quarries. 

Overall it's was an awesome experience.

Anyone else ever played it?

•  
    Played there this week. It was a bit cool and as usual it was windy. It was however in very good condition. Played a bit long from the Blacks with the wind and cool conditions though.
  •  
    Love the course and the views. The food up there is also outstanding!
  •  
    Have not tried it out yet but I certainly will give it a spin early next season...

•  

I would highly recommend it.  I only got a dog at the turn, which was solid, but I’ve also heard great things about the restaurant.  It’s worth it for the views alone.

•  

19hole
    Played there this week. It was a bit cool and as usual it was windy. It was however in very good condition. Played a bit long from the Blacks with the wind and cool conditions though.

You're a beast 19th!  I played it from the blues and it beat me up.  I was hitting 6 irons and up into almost every green when the wind was blowing a us.  A yardage book would have helped.  My phone’s golf app pooped the bed and the GPS on the cart doesn't show what’s trouble and what's not.  Nearly every tee shot on the front (Quincy) was blind, and some of our landmarks were off the mark. I shot an 88 with an 8 on 18 (Granite).  I didn't know you couldn't miss right at all, there's about a 90 foot quarry right off the green.

•  

Not a beast at all, I just bunt it around and try to keep ot in play. I used my uPro MX and it is very good at showing all of the hazards. It is definately a track you need to play more than once to score well. It is always windy there, so it helps to me able to knock the ball down. Di manage to have an eagle putt on 17 (missed it!) and awas just in front of the green on 18 for an easy birdie, also on the Granite. Managed to get around in 75.

•  

ToddL
    Love the course and the views. The food up there is also outstanding!

I find that I play better golf when I have placed my order beforehand and know that I am going to eat great!

Great pictures by the way, the course looks beautiful even during this time, where it seems like it is not as cold as last year around this time.

•  

Josh,

Thanks for sharing the pictures - I love Boston! Next time I'm there I will be bringing my clubs.

•  

Dallin

Josh,

Thanks for sharing the pictures - I love Boston! Next time I'm there I will be bringing my clubs.

You should.  I've only lived here for a little over a year, but I've found tons of great courses.  Granite Links is definitely a can't miss.

• 3503 points

Working in living in New England now. Have heard amazing stuff about the course. Who wants to join me next season?!

•  

dzabkar

Working in living in New England now. Have heard amazing stuff about the course. Who wants to join me next season?!

I may have to take you up on that...

• 3503 points

Devin_Gmitter

dzabkar

Booyah! Anyone else care to join?

•  
    dzabkar

Devin_Gmitter

dzabkar

Booyah! Anyone else care to join?

I'M IN FOR GRANITE LINKS!
    • 3467 points

course looks sweet. I have never played there but from the pictures and everyones comments sounds like i should make a point to get out there. What town is it in?