Golf in Jamaica

Golf in Jamaica

•  

So we’re going to Jamaica for our Honeymoon and the Couples resort we’re staying at has inclusive golf.    My Fiancé enjoys golf, especially if the scenery is nice, which I’m sure it will be.  Has anyone here every teed it up in Jamaica?

•  

The White Witch is the best on the island followed closely by Cinnamon Hill! You cant go wrong by playing either... hint hint, hit up 'Scotchies' up for 'real jerk chicken!

•  

I have played in Jamaica, but not at Couples. I played the Wyndam Rose Hall course, the one used by the Johnny Walker event. Pretty nice layout, some holes near the water and some up in the hills. It is am interesting experience. We were required to tke a caddy, even though we were also required to use carts!? It finally occured to us that he was there to negotiate with the locals to give us our golf balls back! A number of holes on that course have blind tee shots. You hit the ball and KNOW it is in the middle of the fairway but get over the hill and nothing. A few minutes later someone comes out of the woods or bushes and offers to sell you some used golf balls. Used all right, it is the ball you just hit!

Once you get past that the golf is pretty nice. Always warm and generally a bit windy.

Enjoy!

•  

19hole

I have played in Jamaica, but not at Couples. I played the Wyndam Rose Hall course, the one used by the Johnny Walker event. Pretty nice layout, some holes near the water and some up in the hills. It is am interesting experience. We were required to tke a caddy, even though we were also required to use carts!? It finally occured to us that he was there to negotiate with the locals to give us our golf balls back! A number of holes on that course have blind tee shots. You hit the ball and KNOW it is in the middle of the fairway but get over the hill and nothing. A few minutes later someone comes out of the woods or bushes and offers to sell you some used golf balls. Used all right, it is the ball you just hit!

Once you get past that the golf is pretty nice. Always warm and generally a bit windy.

Enjoy!

When I was there they were selling a lot more than just golf balls.

•  
    BH, that was offered too!
    • 691 points

I just came back from Jamaica and played White Witch. The course is phenomenal and the views are breathtaking on clear days. Caddy's are a must and they expect at least $20 US per caddy in tips. If you need to rent clubs, which I did, their rental clubs are Taylormade Burner. Cinnamon Hill borders White Witch are all a part of the Ritz Carlton network of golf courses.
    • 248 points

The three courses of Cinnamon Hill, White Witch and Half Moon provide three different types of golf.  Half Moon is the flattest and a great venue for walking with a caddie.  Cinnamon Hill provides great golf, with holes in the mountain and on the water.  The course is noted for the waterfall filmed in a James Bond movie and the home of Johnny Cash on property.  The White Witch has the best views and conditions.  The caddie system is one of the best if not the best of any I have experienced.  The course isn't easy and with a little wind, the Witch will do her magic on your game.  The best part is that all three course are within 15 minutes of the three major hotels in the area, the Half Moon, The Ritz and Rose Hall. 

•  

19th-  Good to know.  I'll be sure to mark my ball with "don't steal me".  The Couple's course, I'm not sure which one it is, requires you take a caddy too.

•  

ClassicPro

The three courses of Cinnamon Hill, White Witch and Half Moon provide three different types of golf.  Half Moon is the flattest and a great venue for walking with a caddie.  Cinnamon Hill provides great golf, with holes in the mountain and on the water.  The course is noted for the waterfall filmed in a James Bond movie and the home of Johnny Cash on property.  The White Witch has the best views and conditions.  The caddie system is one of the best if not the best of any I have experienced.  The course isn't easy and with a little wind, the Witch will do her magic on your game.  The best part is that all three course are within 15 minutes of the three major hotels in the area, the Half Moon, The Ritz and Rose Hall. 

Sweet.  Our hotel is in Nagril.  I've never played with a caddie before, but I'm looking forward to it.

•  

My friend has played golf in Jamaica. I'll ask him where he played when he was there.

•  

By the way, awesome that she loves golf!!

•  

And, having dinner at The White Witch was nothing less than spectacular!

•  

kab012345

By the way, awesome that she loves golf!!

I wouldn't say she "loves golf" I’d say that she enjoys it from time to time.  She knows that I love golf and that it makes me very happy to play.  She’s actually pretty good at it.  She makes circus putts and she's known to chip in from time to time.  I think she likes the walk and the 19th hole as much as she enjoys playing.  As long as she's having fun that's all that matters.  She just gets embarrassed if we get paired up with people who play well or if the course is busy.

•  

Hey Josh, Congratulations on your marriage, I hope you are both very happy together. I've played on the sandals course at Ochio Rios and enjoyed it. Again the cart and the caddy are obligatory. It was also a few years ago, so a distant memory, and the clubs they rented were in poor condition, but I remember  enjoyed it. Be prepared for hot and humid if the wind is calm. 

•  

We didnt have to take a cart when we were there two years ago... We got around the course in 1:55, was very nice!

Fairway finder

Hey Josh, Congratulations on your marriage, I hope you are both very happy together. I've played on the sandals course at Ochio Rios and enjoyed it. Again the cart and the caddy are obligatory. It was also a few years ago, so a distant memory, and the clubs they rented were in poor condition, but I remember  enjoyed it. Be prepared for hot and humid if the wind is calm.