Best Course @ The Villages?

Best Course @ The Villages?

•  

I am stopping at The Villages in Florida on my way to the PGA Show in January. I will have the chance to play one round while I'm there. Anyone have a recommendation for the best of the 9 regulation courses? Thanks.

•  

GC

I've never played at the Villages, but looking at their website, there are many nice choices.  I'm partial to the AP Legends courses.  Have a great trip to the PGA show.

Deno 

•  

I have a booklet that lists the courses and the yardages, but it doesn't give much more than that -- I was just wondering if anyone had played any personally. I would naturally lean toward the Palmer or Lopez course, but open to suggestions!!!!

•  

Never played there, but there is a Villages Country Club in CA.

•  

I played today with a couple that lives there and they say that the Palmer is the best.

• 3627 points

How many courses are there? 10? 

I do enjoy their commercials..."The Villllaaaaagesssssssss"

Personally, I wouldn't expect much from any of them. I'm guessing they are all very "user-friendly."

•  

@Pat, the Palmer course was beautiful and challenging -- at least on the front nine. Had to quit because of a tornado. Seriously. There are 27 holes at Palmer Legends, five sets of tees. Course ratings of the different combos from the next to the tips are 72.3/131, 72.5/131, 71.8/132 -- so a little more difficult than you probably expected.

There are 9 championship courses and more on the way, and something like 27 executive courses, and they are building more of those.

•  

I understand it is hard to get on the courses in The Villages because they are so crowded. A lot of the people who live in The Villages go to outside courses to play.

•  

Bob, I wonder if it's because they all want the early tee times? I didn't have a problem at all -- I played just after lunch, and it was wide open. I did see a lot of carts on the "cart roads" that may have been golfers who were done with their rounds and heading home.