Crystal Woods Golf Club, Woodstock, Illinois

Crystal Woods Golf Club, Woodstock, Illinois

•  

www.crystalwoodsgc.com

Yesterday I needed to be in Chicago for part of the day, so I decided to stop by and play my original home course, Crystal Woods Golf Club. The course is run by brothers John and Jay Craig, friends of mine for many years, and the 2 guys that actually influenced me taking up the game many years ago. John taught me the fundamentals many years ago, and helped me fall in love with the game.  

Crystal Woods was built back in the 1950's, and is a traditional tree lined course. The 12th hole has been voted as the most difficult par 4 in McHenry County due to it's very sloped green, which is protected by sand, water, oak trees, and more often than not, a stiff breeze. If that breeze comes from the North, this is a par 5 for most... The course is a great test, with a wonderful clubhouse, restaurant facilities for banquets, practice facility, and well stocked Pro Shop.

During my visit yesterday the guys all were talking about my favorite asymetricals, and they even pointed out that ther is a MyJoys page in the catalog, one of the photos features my shoe! They know their FJ catalog. Sweet! I mention this because John and Jay bot hhave a great supply of all FJ items in the shop. There are full displays of shirts, Soft Shell jackets, vests, shoes, gloves, socks (mens and ladies), Titleist hats, balls, and full rack of Titleist clubs. And of course the guys are Titleist Staff club players.

I was real proud to see their display and then tell them about our FJ Ambassador program, and how we are talking up the brand. But these guys already know that, so it was like preaching to the choir! Chris, make sure to reach out to the rep in Chicago and give him a high 5 for working so well with my friends!

If you happen to be out inNW Chicago, or on your way to Wisconsin or Iowa via Interstate 90, look these guys up and stop by. The rates are reasonable and you will have a great round!

•  

Sounds like a must play next time I head south! Can't wait to try it out.

•  

Would have called you Shaun if it wasn't a week day! This is the ONLY benefit of being unemplyed right now... the midweek round as I wish....

Crystal Woods is probably under an hour for you from the Milwaukee suburbs. If you go, let me know and I'll introduce you to my friends!

•  

Thanks Tar Heel good to know! My finance's family is from Rockford Illinois I may just have to check his course out! Playing new courses is my number 1 golf passion.

•  

Whaq

If you're driving to Rockford from Northern Kentucky you will drive very close on the Illinois Tollway. It's 6 miles North off the interstate, so it could easily be done, and you'd enjoy the course.

•  

Tar Heel

I just drove by there 2 weekends ago...We will be going back in about a month I will make a tee time. Thanks for the info!

•  

Tar Heel

Would have called you Shaun if it wasn't a week day! This is the ONLY benefit of being unemplyed right now... the midweek round as I wish....

Crystal Woods is probably under an hour for you from the Milwaukee suburbs. If you go, let me know and I'll introduce you to my friends!

With some early warning, week day golf is a very doable option for me. Next time for sure!

•  

shaun13

Tar Heel

With some early warning, week day golf is a very doable option for me. Next time for sure!

If you need a third, I am just NW of Chicago. Woodstock is not close, but golf makes any drive doable. I have only gotten in about 5 rounds this summer so I would love to try to get out there. 

•  

Sounds like we have the makings of a Chicago outing in the future. Liking the idea here guys, lets make it happen.

• 3627 points

I've played Crystal Woods a couple times when living in chicago...it's a nice track. I think they opened in Feb this past winter!