Best Family Golf Destination

Best Family Golf Destination

• 365 points

Hey everyone, This is my first post so I might have done it wrong, but...

Im 15 and love golf. Me and my dad however are the only ones who play golf in my family (4). Im about a 10 (Its gonna drop this summer :)) I was just wondering what everyone thought was the best place to travel to golf and have other things to do off of the course. Thanks!!

•  

TRY ORLANDO FOR GOLF AND DISNEY

•  

HI AND WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY.

MY THOUGHTS WENT GIRECTLY TO KIAWAH ISLANC S.C.

GREAT BEACH,ALL KINDS OF PLANNED FAMILY ACTIVITIES, MAGNIFICENT GOLF COURSES,,,,ETC.

A LITTLE PRICY BUT A GREAT SPOT.

•  

Definately Disney in Orlando!

•  

Welcome hallc! Glad you have come to FJ.

You have a couple good ideas posted here to think about. Certainly Disney can be a complete family destination and allow you Mom and sibling to do things while you and Dad golf. Or all 4 of you go out for a twilight round. You didn't say if Mom played or if your brother/sister was old enough yet. But you can't go wrong with Disney.

Another good place is Hilton Head Island. Less pricey than Kiawah, and has quite a few more courses to choose from. You also have the water sports, beaches, and otehr island activities to take part in. These are my picks for sure.

You did not say where you live though, so there could be some others places west that we could advise you of!

• 365 points

Hey, Thanks for all of the Ideas.

I live in NC. My mom and brother dont golf. My brother is 13. Thanks.

•  

hallc.... So now I've checked you out and see you live in Raleigh! I used to live in Chapel Hill, not too far from you. I played quite a bit at University of NC Finley Course, The Challenge in Graham, Mill Creek, and then a lot at Hope Valley Country Club. I miss it there, and you are quite lucky... And you play Wakefield I see, very nice as well. 

But what is this Florida Gators stuff I see? You live in NC and favor a team from Florida? And the SEC no less. That is heartbreaking for sure. You must seek proper guidance now and correct this immediately.

Now that I know you are in NC, here are 2 other choices..... Pinehurst is close and has a great deal of things your family could do as you and Dad play golf. You should also consider The Greenbrier Resort in West Virginia for the same reason. There are some great historical opportunities up there as well as great golf. Good luck!

• 365 points

Haha. Yeah the Gators stuff is because I was born in Florida and moved here 3 years ago. And I have seen a commercial for the Greenbriar, it does look like a very nice place. Thank You!

• 3627 points

Try Kohler Wisconsin or French Lick, Indiana. (Golf + fun stuff for the family at both).