Colbert Hills, in Kansas

Colbert Hills, in Kansas

•  

OK, I was playing on Saturday and was talking to a group from Kansas and they said Colbert Hills was the best course in the USA.  I obviously don't agree because I have about 5 that I KNOW can't be topped, but has anyone played it?  It's K-State's home course but I did look at it online and it looks pretty cool.

Feedback is appreciated.

•  

I have played it and it is pretty cool. Fun course... best in the country no. Best in KS no ( that would be Prairie Dunes) but I did have a fun time there. The first few holes go through a bunch of houses but out a little bit you are in the hills and it is lovely. Better to playit a few times because there are some tricky carries if you don't know where you are going. Still haven't figured out what to hit on the first hole ( 3 wood down hill? 5 iron?) . Wind a big factor. Condition of the course was very good.  A good challenge.

I would say that it was worth playing if you were in the area. Still think that the best school course in the counrty is Yale.

•  

It is on my list to play. Have heard nothing but great things.   Best in the US, not by a longshot.

Karsten Creek in Stillwater is one of the best college tracks in my opinion.

http://www.karstencreek.net/

•  

Erik, Colbert is a lot of fun and challenging. Typical of Kansas...and Nebraska, wind will always be a factor. Easy access from KC and probably 2 to 2 1/2 hours from Lincoln. Make sure to hit Aggieville while you're there. Spring and Fall make it a little prettier drive with all of the color in the Flint Hills but it's an easy day or weekend trip.

•  

I've played Prairie Dunes before.  Pretty nice course.

I may have to drive down to Manhatten for a round at Colbert Hills, sounds like it may be worth my while.

•  

we took the  hour hour each way day trip up from Hutch and thought that it was worth the ride. Just think carefully about that first tee and let me know how you decided to play it.

•  

have a buddie out there that says it would be worth your drive to play..but, said that Prairie Dunes is better and other college courses like Karsten Creek (which I played there & thoroughly enjoyed) is awesome and highly recommended

• 3627 points

Best course in the USA? Well it's not even the best in Kansas (Prairie Dunes). But it's long, hard, and rolling...so if you like that you may like the course.