Harbor Shores Golf Club, SW Michigan

Harbor Shores Golf Club, SW Michigan

•  

Take note all you FJA's and staffers.

http://www.harborshoresgolf.com

The Harbor Shores Golf Club has now been under construction for the past 21/2 years here in SW Michigan, being created as a Jack Nicklaus Signature course. Despite the shaky national economy, and an even more dire situation in the state of Michigan, the development of the course has marched onward. Last year the first 11 holes opened for public play, while the balance of holes were finished.

We have just heard here through my company, who is intimately involved in this project, that the Grand Opening Ceremony will be held on Tuesday, August 10th. At the Grand Opening, a star studded grouping will play the full 18 holes as the inagural foursome during a fund raisng event.

Please note the players, confirmed for the event are:

Mr Jack Nicklaus

Mr Arnold Palmer

Mr Tom Watson

Mr Johnny Miller

It has been many years since these four legendary golfers have been on course at the same time, so this is a really "major" opportunity for our area. I will provide additional details as time grows closer, but if you wanted an opportunity to watch this event and participate in the various fund raising activities, mark your calendars now.

•  

Do you plan on attending? 

I mean how sweet would that be to be able to play on the course with those four legends.

•  

Pablo, I am probably going to be there.

One thing I need to make more clear... Only the four greats; Palmer, Nicklaus, Watson, and Miller will be playing this day. If you come, you can not play withthem, but only be a spectator.

There will be contests and dining with the greats types of events going on, but there will not be any other play allowed.

Sorry to confuse... Still going to be a huge event.

•  

I hear that there are some great courses in the Mitten state. Just never have had a chance to make the trip. Just I am going to have to put it on my wish list.

•  

TarHeel, you have to at least take your camera and get some shots of those guys.

Just don't keep them to yourself, make sure you share with us.

• 3627 points

The course isn't bad, considering the property (which is disjointed and generally poor)...but the greens are beyond goofy. Will be interesting to see how the Senior PGA goes this summer as a few guys might hate the course.

•  

PatCCraig

The course isn't bad, considering the property (which is disjointed and generally poor)...but the greens are beyond goofy. Will be interesting to see how the Senior PGA goes this summer as a few guys might hate the course.

Pat

You were in my former "hood" my friend. I am not a fan of this course either in any way, shape, or form. Fortunately for the seniors, they'll be driven on carts between holes. If not, a few might keel over....

The only plus is that the property this course sits on was 800 acres of old factory landfill. It was a dump, period. At least they cleaned that up. Otherwise it's an average golf course, at best.

• 3627 points

Tar Heel

PatCCraig

Pat

You were in my former "hood" my friend. I am not a fan of this course either in any way, shape, or form. Fortunately for the seniors, they'll be driven on carts between holes. If not, a few might keel over....

The only plus is that the property this course sits on was 800 acres of old factory landfill. It was a dump, period. At least they cleaned that up. Otherwise it's an average golf course, at best.

Tar Heel,

I agree. It's a nice story considering what was there already.

I actually tried to walk the golf course without a cart and, while possible, it just took way too long (20 min green-to-tee walks). That just makes the course impractical to many golfers, IMO.