NEED OPINIONS ON NORTH CAROLINA COURSES

NEED OPINIONS ON NORTH CAROLINA COURSES

•  

I am going to North Carolina with some buddies at the end of April For a golf trip.  We are scheduled to play the following courses.  Please comment on any of them.....we want to know if we have made good choices.

The Neuse (Raleigh, NC)  /  River Ridge (Clayton, NC  /  The Challenge Golf Club (Graham, NC)  /  Woodlake Country Club Maples Golf Course  /  The Tradition Golf Club at Chapel Ridge  /  The Heritage Golf Club, Wake Forest  /  The golf Club at Chapel Ridge (Fred Couples design)

•  

Bruce, I used to live in Chapel Hill so I can give you a few poiinters here.

Neuse is pretty good. I enjoyed it a lot.

Challenege in Graham is a blast. I played it often and it is a real good day. Lots of interesting holes.

I never played the others you mention, but would offer this up to you. You do not have the University of North Carolina Finley Course or the Duke University Course. They are both fantastic courses and worthy to play. UNC was re-done by Tom Fazio and Duke is a RTJ course, with Rees Jones refresh. I can't tell you how much you will enjoy these 2 courses.

Bear in mind that a guy named TarHeel is recommending the Duke course! But that's only IF you play UNC as well.

Finally, if you could get on to Hope Valley Country Club (it's private), it's also a must do. It's an old world Donald Ross club. Awesome greens and a worhty club.

I'm jealous! Moved to Michigan from Chapel Hill in 2002 and miss it every day. Especially in April time, when the pine is so fresh and the flowers looking so lovely. Good luck.

•  

Tar Heel

Bruce, I used to live in Chapel Hill so I can give you a few poiinters here.

Neuse is pretty good. I enjoyed it a lot.

Challenege in Graham is a blast. I played it often and it is a real good day. Lots of interesting holes.

I never played the others you mention, but would offer this up to you. You do not have the University of North Carolina Finley Course or the Duke University Course. They are both fantastic courses and worthy to play. UNC was re-done by Tom Fazio and Duke is a RTJ course, with Rees Jones refresh. I can't tell you how much you will enjoy these 2 courses.

Bear in mind that a guy named TarHeel is recommending the Duke course! But that's only IF you play UNC as well.

Finally, if you could get on to Hope Valley Country Club (it's private), it's also a must do. It's an old world Donald Ross club. Awesome greens and a worhty club.

I'm jealous! Moved to Michigan from Chapel Hill in 2002 and miss it every day. Especially in April time, when the pine is so fresh and the flowers looking so lovely. Good luck.

Flowers, those grow  out of the frozen ground covered with 20 inches of snow right? Have not seen them in a LONG time! : )

•  

BRUCE, I HAVE NOT BEEN TO THIS COURSE BUT GOLF MAGAZINE PICKED AS AN HONORABLE METION BEST NEW COURSES;

LONNIE POOLE GOLF COURSE @ NORTH CAROLINA STATE UNIVERSITY-RALEIGH,NC

919-833-3338

lonniepoolegolfcourse.com

$45-$75

•  

if you have time you should check out Tobacco Road. Great Mike Strantz course. Very fun and really a good value

•  

HI RANDY.  I AM SOLD ON PLAYING DUKE AND UNC WHEN WE GO TO RALEIGH IN APRIL.  CAN'T SET TEE TIMES UNTIL 2 WEEKS BEFORE WE PLAY BUT I AM GOING TO TRY AND DO IT THEN.  WISH YOU COULD BE THERE WITH US

•  

hope your trip to the Carolinsa went well..Southern Pines has all you want and you can't go wrong with most of them..enjoy yourself..I'll be in that area again for the 11th straight year in June

• 3627 points

BRUCE

I am going to North Carolina with some buddies at the end of April For a golf trip.  We are scheduled to play the following courses.  Please comment on any of them.....we want to know if we have made good choices.

The Neuse (Raleigh, NC)  /  River Ridge (Clayton, NC  /  The Challenge Golf Club (Graham, NC)  /  Woodlake Country Club Maples Golf Course  /  The Tradition Golf Club at Chapel Ridge  /  The Heritage Golf Club, Wake Forest  /  The golf Club at Chapel Ridge (Fred Couples design)

I've played a fair amount in North Carolina, but I have never heard of any of these courses... 

Check out Pinehurst (Tobacco Road!) if you have some time.