What Golf City would you live in the rest of you life

What Golf City would you live in the rest of you life

• 2989 points

If all things were right with the world and you could pick one place to live and play golf everyday where would it be.  ( i moved to Myrtle Beach, and i pretty much play everyday, WONDERFUL)  except when it gets alittle cold, like the past couple of days in the low 40's

•  

IF EVERYTHING BEING RIGHT WITH THE WORLD MEANS I WAS LOADED WITH $$ I WOUDL PICK CARMEL,CALIF.,USA.. I'VE BEEN LUCKY ENOUGH TO PLAY ALL AROUND THE WORLD AND THERE NO PLACE LIKE THE USA--BELIEVE ME !!

I LOVE WHERE WE ARE NOW WITH OUR CLUB HAVING 5 COURSES AND 20 MILES FROM HOUSTON. PLAY ALL YEAR EVERY DAY AND HAVE ONE OF THE WORLDS GREAT MEDICAL CENTERS AS WELL AS THE CITY ITSELF. NOT TO MENTION I CAN ALMOST AFFORD IT.

PRETTY HARD TO BEAT.

•  

I love the northwest and the Oregon coast in particular. The courses at Bandon Dunes are unbelievable. Pumpkin Ridge is an amazing track. Also some great courses in Washington like Olympia and Chambers Bay. The weather can be iffy but when it's on you can't beat it.

•  

I would probably pick to live somewhere in Florida.  Maybe Orlando so I could play Bay Hill or around Doral in Florida.  In Florida you really only have to worry about hurricanes i would think.

Caddy13

•  

mine would be San Diego, great weather, great people, great restaurants and great golf. Can't think of a better city for year round living.

•  

You ask a great question here.

I'm not sure I would be able to say what city, but know it would be in the Southeast between Wilmington NC and Beaufort SC. Then someplace back towards Raleigh NC. I pick that "triangle" because it has good weather, tons of courses, and you are within driving distance of many more courses. Plus the proximity to water along the way is good.

At this point, I've set my sights on this area for retirement. Thinkinng of being a bit more south between Myrtle and Hilton Head. Dreaming....... 

•  

I would either say in the Myrtle Beach area or in the Jacksonville area, Sawgrass, Pelincia, and the World of Golf courses are hard to beat.

•  

Probably Myrtle Beach since there are over 100 courses in MB and N. MB within close distance from each other.  If money was no object then in California around Pebble Beach area.  I would just have to get used to the major time difference.  :)

•  

I WOULD GO WITH MYRTLE BEACH TOO.  OBVIOUS REASONS

•  

I'm of the same dream/opinion as Tar Heel, somewhere between Myrtle and Hilton Head...

If it were not for the winter's here in the midwest...I'd almost say I'd stay where I'm at here in Metro Detroit as there are so many fantastic courses here in Michigan...but the snow really kills golf!!!

•  

Oh Man, so many places to choose from.   What a great question to go into the weekend. If I had my druthers, I would choose... The Cliffs.

•  

I think Oahu.

Something about the Islands of Hawaii that seems to draw me in like a magnet.  I was there 10 years ago on my Honeymoon and plan on going there this year for our 10th.  This time I bring clubs.

• 295 points

I would live in Phoenix, AZ like I do now. Great weather and great golf

•  

I think I have answered this before in another thread.... I don't think I could choose just one place to live and play. There are just too many great places to play golf around the world. Some of them have great couirses (Scotland) but the weather can be a bit dodgy, Florida is also full of great places to play but the summers can be a bit hard to take. Here in New England we have a large number of Donald Ross tracks (my personal favorites) but our season is pretty short. I might lean towards the East coast of Austrailia. The weather is good for at least 11 months of the year ind there is no shortage of great places to play.

Pick just one......can't be done!

• 1232 points

the lower part of florida,  ft lauderdale/ palm beach  without a thought, or sydney australia,  not a huge golf city but lets get real here is australia