Courses that allow dogs?

Courses that allow dogs?

•  

How many of you play on courses that allow your dog to walk with you during your round?

•  

The only one that comes to mind is the Old Course @ St. Andrews.

•  
    Not a fan at all!
  •  

Do not like the idea at all........I love my dog and would not subject my little girl to the dangers on a golf course.......and would not want to play on a course where people are careless enough to bring there fourlegged family members along.......BAD IDEA....  :-(

•  

I PLAYED WITH MY HOST AT AILSAY ) ***TURNBURY) AND MY WIFE WALKED THE COURSE WITH US AND MY HOSTS DOG.

MY HOST SAID IT WAS AN EVERY DAY OCCURANCE THERE.

•  

None and I live in Portland Or, it very progressive here.

•  

Back home they've let my Bulldog ride in the cart before.  He prefers that to walking for sure.  I doubt he'd make it through 18 holes.

•  

Hey Todd,

Lucca K458 might change your mind.  Trained to detect IED's Lucca had 400 successful missions (no one hurt) until one blew on her (she was the only one injured). I was honored to meet up with Lucca and her Handler/Best Friend Gunnery Sergeant Chris Willingham. Lucca gets around great spending her time attending affairs honoring wounded vets. There is also a book about Lucca coming out in October called "Top Dog"

•  
    I would like it if courses allowed weekday play for man and well trained pets.
    • 2129 points

Many years ago one of our members fashioned a bag on trolley system pulled by a dog. The dog was one of the best loopers I have ever seen. OBTY the dogs name was putter.

•  

I have seen a few course dogs in my rounds but none that openly allow dogs on the course.

• 1738 points

We have a course dog on the course I work at, he helps chase off the geese and gets moles for us.  But we do not allow dogs to walk along while you play.  I have seen some people come out with service dogs and they have ridden along in a cart with friends while they play.  Many dogs are well trained enough that they would not be a problem, but most would try and run free and have a good time.  Just not good for business.  

•  

I haven't seen a dog on the course by choice of the owner. I am sure I would not want all of the headaches that would come from having dogs on the course.

•  

My home course will allow a dog to ride in a cart from time to time - most times the dog is better behaved than the owner.

•  

At our course, the owner occasionally brings his own dog out - and he stays right next to his cart.  I am not aware of a formal rule prohibiting dogs, but that is the only one I have seen.  I would imagine that the superintendent would not appreciate a dog on the course from a *** and fecal matter perspective.