Anyone played Harbor Town?

Anyone played Harbor Town?

•  

Hey FJC,

This is one of my favorite weeks of the year.  I love the way the course looks.  It's on the bucket list for sure.  Have any of you played it?  Bonus points for pictures.

•  

I played 36 there earlier this spring. We got there before the sun came up and left after it went down. I will have to look to see if I have any pictures from that day. I would also recommend Long Cove if you are in the area and can get on to play there.

TH

•  

Been there, did not play. It's nice, but what I call condo golf. Nothing memorable till 17 & 18.

When I go to HHI I play Hilton Head National and Palmetto Dunes. Those are my two favorites.

• 2840 points

I haven't played there in a couple of years but Tar Heel is correct. The two memorable holes are the 17 and 18 that run along the water. I agree that Palmetto DunesY ) ***don't confuse it with Palmetto Plantation)  is a better track.

• 1587 points

I have played Harbour Town Golf Links about a dozen or so times on my yearly trip to HHI.  I have always enjoyed the course.  I would strongly disagree that there are no memorable holes until 17 & 18.  On the front side the Par 3 4th hole and Par 3 7th holes are great pair of long par 3's.  On the back, the Par 4 13th with the huge pair of live oaks that hang over the green followed by what I think is one of the most challenging Par 3's anywhere in the 14th hole.  If you are playing it for the first time do yourself a favor and take a fore caddie.  We did that the first few times we played and it was a huge help in learning how to play the course.  I would agree that Long Cove is also a great venue.  Just off the island there are also some great private courses if your club pro can make arrangements for you to play.  Berkeley Hall Club, Belfair and the Nicklaus Course at Colleton River are my three favorites in HHI.

•  

Played several years ago.  As HH goes, I found it over priced.  Stayed at Palmetto Dunes and loved it.  Sea Pines is at the end of the island and is very nice, but very pricey.  I found the course to be very tight, but nothing very special.  One hole that I did like was #9.  

•  

I had a chance to stay and play there for less than $100 a night including golf.  A friend won the trip in a silent auction and asked me to go with him.  But I was coaching basketball at the time and it was during the state playoffs.

•  

After watching the tournament today and seeing more of the course, it felt like all the other courses in the Coastal Carolina's that I have played.  I'm sure it's kept in top shape, but with the exception of the 18th hole, I didn't see anything that would make me want to play a huge premium to play there, other than the name and prestige. There are some nice and memorable holes, but so do a lot of other (cheaper) courses.   I still hope to play there one day just to say I did it.  

• 2264 points

I haven't played there but my family has looked into it.  I've heard it can carry a $250 price tag and have heard similar statements as posted earlier that you can play some great courses in the area that won't break the bank.  Still would like to play there once but that may be it.  

• 554 points

I played it about two years ago. Loved it but of the PGA courses I've played I like Bethpage Black and Pinehurst No. 2 much more.