Myrtle Beach Packages

Myrtle Beach Packages

• 2956 points

Hi all... I am going to Myrtle Beach for the first time: Finally!

I have looked at past posts for recommended courses. Any opinions on the best companies that offer packages? It will be for tee times only, as we have already booked a 3-bedroom condo on the beach for the last week of March. Thanks in advance for any input.

•  

P

Where/how did you book your condo? Those folks have packages as part of "Stay & Play" things.

www.myrtlebeachgolf.com/.../with-lodging

This is the link to the folks I have used in the past for some courses. They are pretty solid and have been around for many, many years.

My trip to MB is April 29- May 4. Hope you enjoy it there as much as I do.

• 2956 points

Thanks Tar Heel

One of my golf buddies booked it through Hilton: 2600 N Ocean Blvd.

Some of those total packages are really good looking deals: maybe (hopefully) next year.

•  

parthur
    Hi all... I am going to Myrtle Beach for the first time: Finally!

I have looked at past posts for recommended courses. Any opinions on the best companies that offer packages? It will be for tee times only, as we have already booked a 3-bedroom condo on the beach for the last week of March. Thanks in advance for any input.

Go by Martins in Myrtle Beach and they have some coupon books that will give you discounts on courses in the areas.  There are many great courses in the area and they range in prices.  They have before noon, after noon and twilight prices.  If you are in your 60s ask for senior rates.  We offer that here in SC.  This is a great course in North Myrtle Beach where they play the Monday After the Master with Hootie and the Blowfish, a Dye course...over a hundred....www.northmyrtlebeachgolf.com/.../barefoot-dye.html...check it out....also they are part of a group of courses in that area and they might direct you to some ther deals.....if you belong to a club, see if your pro knows a pro in Myrtle Beach......there a lot of transplanted pros in MB.....referrals are a good thing, I'm sure you know that......just go online and type in Myrtle Beach golf courses and you will get TMI, believe me.....or you can also try Golfnow.com closer to time.....that is the number "one golf destination" so there is something there for everyone and every pocketbook....if you like the old style course, you might try Pine Lakes, it was built in 1927 and was the first course in MB...tourism is the number one industry in SC so please come and injoy yourself and bring plenty of cash and we do take credit cards, ha...ha...I live down the road about two hours...give me a buzz on private messages.......chuck

•  

Pat

Chuck (who lives in Charleston SC) has given you lots of great advice. I will echo that Barefoot is a wonderful set of tracks, and there are 4 courses in there; Love, Dye, Norman, Fazio. Wonderful!

I know where the Hilton is, though note sure of their "golf concierge" capability. If they don't have one, follow Chuck's advice and go to Martins and find their concierge. TONS of deals out there for cost effective and budget friendly golf.

Good luck. You will have a blast.

•  

parthur
    Thanks Tar Heel

One of my golf buddies booked it through Hilton: 2600 N Ocean Blvd.

Some of those total packages are really good looking deals: maybe (hopefully) next year.

Looks like you're just down 29th Ave from Broadway at the Beach and a PGA Superstore.  That's not a bad location.  Plus you're very centralized so you won't be more than 30 or 40 minutes from just about any course in the Myrtle Beach area.  I like the courses to the North just across the state line in NC.  There are about 10 of them all right together, their prices are generally lower, and it's a little slower pace of life there.  Also, Sea Trail is under new ownership now and the new owner is pumping millions of dollars into renovating the entire place.  It's worth a look.  I'll be there the end of April and can't wait!  Enjoy your trip.

• 2956 points

Thanks for all the feedback. Is it better to wait until we are there to pick courses and deals? As opposed to paying around $300 or so up front for 4 rounds? Does Golfnow.com have a lot of MB course deals? I use them often up here for deals on Cape Cod and surrounding areas. Just afraid if we wait, we may have a hard time getting tee times: looks like the last week in March is a busy one.

•  

Pat

We have all our courses laid out at least 2 weeks in advance. There is a risk of places being full, and if you want 36 holes in a day, you could get crunched on time. I have never used golfnow.com in MB, because the MB tour operators are better connected.

I'd go with one of those and give them the parameters of your group. They will help you a lot.

•  

I'd agree with Randy.  If your group is more laid back and is more interested in grabbing a good deal, you might be able to wait.  But you risk not getting on at the course you want or the time you want.    I think if you're going all that way to play golf, you should go ahead and set up at least most of your rounds.

•  

Arthur:  Golfnow.com does not list that many courses in MB.......

mbn.com sent me an email this weekend and they seem to have some good deals going on up there now........and they list a lot of the top courses in the area.....remember, these planners in MB are the pros and they can get you good deals....chuck