Reasonable price

Reasonable price

•  

Played Pebble Beach might even do it again

•  

Just recently paid $190 for 2 rounds at Harbour Town, but it helps if you are playing with a property owner who has a relationship with the Director of Golf.

• 4318 points

Most I've spent is 75.  But I haven't gone anywhere fun.  Nicest course I played was down at Turning Stone outside of Syracuse, but that was a freebie.

I'd spend between 150-200 to play an amazing course (and it doesnt have to necessarily be a "big" name course).  

•  

OUTIGER
    Have played some great tracks and the most I have paid is $150.00 .  There are very few courses I would pay more than that to play.  Most of the really big name places are way too pricey for the average player.  

A couple I would like to play are Bethpage Black , Kiawah Island, and Torrey Pines.

If Augusta National is not on your list, then remove me from your friends list.

TT

Tim:  The Ocean Course at Kiawah is a challange.  From the tips, she is a real hand full....even for the pro's, except unless your name is Rory...he tamed her during the PGA....if you go play the blues and hope you shot in the low 80s and walk away happy....the greens run fast and there is only one sandtrap on the course....during the Ryder Cup, they called her many names, but none of them were nice.....if you go there, play Turtle Point as well as Osprey Point...they are two fine courses as well.....she is a beauty...and if the wind is blowing....good luck......chuck   :-)

• 859 points

I will pony up to play Pebble, Kohler, etc. once. $250 is about my max.

• 1575 points

Chuck: I have played all of the courses at Kiawah Island multiple times as my wife and I vacation there almost every year.  The Ocean Course is still my favorite.  My best score from the Blues is 83.  If I recall correctly the best net score during the PGA Challenge was an 86 from a 1 handicap.  I shot 101, did not lose a ball and considered the day a big success.  That 101 was by far the best score of the foursome I played in.  The rough was 4" high and very penal.  The caddy I had helped make it a very memorable experience.  Played from the correct set of tees for your handicap, I still think it is the greatest course I have every had the chance to play,  Osprey Point and Cougar Point are my next favorites.  Don't care much for Turtle Point, and I am a big fan of Nicklaus designed courses.