FALL GOLF

FALL GOLF

•  

My favorite time for golf. Post your fall pictures

•  

18 at Newport National - Shocked the photo came out at all it was was darker then this photo looks.

Number 8 Woodland CC - Francis Ouimet's home track, amazing old New England course.

Clubhouse at Woodland CC

Number 10 at TPC River Highlands - the back nine is unbelievable.

•  

Love Fall golf as well but our days are extremely numbered up here that is for certain! Played one of my best rounds of the year yesterday, 73, in low 40 degree temps and 20+ mph winds.  73 isn't that spectacular but given the conditions it certainly was!

•  

Very nice round for sure.  Keeping my fingers crossed for a few more bright sunny days.  I agree the warm temps are gone up here in New England for sure, but that is why I where FJ layers....

•  

i also love fall golf.  and being about ten minutes from the Appalachian Trail, the courses around here are amazing this time of the year.  unfortunately with a 2 month old at home, i'm spending more of my time looking out the window at the trees than out playing golf.  hoping to get at least one or two more rounds in before the temps become too cold.

•  

Devin_Gmitter
    Love Fall golf as well but our days are extremely numbered up here that is for certain! Played one of my best rounds of the year yesterday, 73, in low 40 degree temps and 20+ mph winds.  73 isn't that spectacular but given the conditions it certainly was!

Devin that is amazing in those conditions! Congrats...I would be lucky to break 100!

•  

Nice Devo, how did the traditions cup end up?  So far this fall we have been lucky, still able to sneak a few rounds in here and there.

•  

cwaybright
    Nice Devo, how did the traditions cup end up?  So far this fall we have been lucky, still able to sneak a few rounds in here and there.

FJ snapped their losing streak and took it home!

•  

Had to stop by Torrey Pines to get a gift and took this looking towards the green of #1 North and yesterday at Industry City..  TP is already putting banners of for the Farmers..The vest came off about the 4th hole!

•  

Bruce & Devin

I remember how special fall golf was in the Midwest. Playing on those crisp 40 degree days, with sunshine coming through those clouds was always a very special treat. And when the colors are in full bloom, you really have something special.

However..... I wouldn't trade it for being able to play year round golf like here in SoCal. Being outside in the mid 60's in November cannot be beat!

•  

Wow, cool pictures, Guys!

It's nice to see the leaves turn in colors against the fairways and greens.  Not much of that going on out here, like TH mentioned, but I love the looks of it.

I hope for more fall pictures to see posted here as mine would be pretty normal summer looking.

•  

Fall golf…here in Texas that means sweaters or vests in the early morning--and perhaps the late afternoon.  It also means the bermuda has stopped growing, so the rough is not as bad as during the summer.  It will be a while before our leaves turn, maybe late this month, although there are a few maples and other trees already starting to show what little color they will have.  Main difference is decreased distance for just about every club in the bag due to the cooler temperatures and wetter fairways.

•  

Chris92009
    Devin_GmitterLove Fall golf as well but our days are extremely numbered up here that is for certain! Played one of my best rounds of the year yesterday, 73, in low 40 degree temps and 20+ mph winds.  73 isn't that spectacular but given the conditions it certainly was!

Devin that is amazing in those conditions! Congrats...I would be lucky to break 100!

With all those new clubs Chris, you better break 100 or you might want to get your money back after your full bag fitting...lol :)

•  

Tar Heel
    Bruce & Devin

I remember how special fall golf was in the Midwest. Playing on those crisp 40 degree days, with sunshine coming through those clouds was always a very special treat. And when the colors are in full bloom, you really have something special.

However..... I wouldn't trade it for being able to play year round golf like here in SoCal. Being outside in the mid 60's in November cannot be beat!

WOW you truly are a midwest transplant being spoiled out there in So Cal aren't you???

Can you tell I'm a bit jealous????

•  

Mondo
    Tar HeelBruce & Devin

WOW you truly are a midwest transplant being spoiled out there in So Cal aren't you???

Can you tell I'm a bit jealous????

Mikey, you have no idea how great these temps are. Today it's 58 out, and it feels so awesome because once the sun climbs over the mountains it will warm up and then.... Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.