If you could play golf in only 1 state the rest of your life

If you could play golf in only 1 state the rest of your life

• 1680 points

Which state would it be?

Lots of great private courses near me in the NY/NJ area, few great public choices in NJ. There is Bethpage and Montauk in NY.

Having said that, I think it would have to be California for me.

How about you?

•  

California... Born n Raised.... Weather speaks for itself!

Second would be Arizona!

• 2795 points

Hawaii for me. Great weather all year and some wonderful courses.

•  

Arizona for me, year round weather and lots of variety....I played college golf there so maybe I am biased! Lol

•  

hmmm...Good question. If I was only playing one state for the rest of my life it would have to have multiple public courses for fair prices. Year round golf isn't as big a deal for me, I like fall golf and the "bonus days" in the 40s-50s in the winter. I'm gonna say South Carolina.

• 5541 points

Whaql1
    hmmm...Good question. If I was only playing one state for the rest of my life it would have to have multiple public courses for fair prices. Year round golf isn't as big a deal for me, I like fall golf and the "bonus days" in the 40s-50s in the winter. I'm gonna say South Carolina.

The diversity of courses makes SC an easy choice.

•  

I would say Hawaii as I love the tropics and there are 2 courses that I enjoyed.  Second would be CA, Palm Desert was a blast.  Still never played on the coast of CA but I hear its a treat.

•  

Arizona or Nevada.  Both have the climate I like and many courses to choose from.

TT

•  

Truth be told I loved playing golf in Western PA, you could play great tracks for very little!  Far more affordable then here in New England!

Better weather would be nice though, so how about as far south I can get without having to play on Bermuda.

•  

Whaql1

i'm with you.  i like having four seasons.  i just wish winter wasn't as "bad."  so i would also say SC or even NC.  both states have more courses than i could ever play and prices are reasonable.  and both have world class Major hosting courses (Pinehurst and Kiawah).

• 4493 points

Since my golf experience is limited to here in Western NY and very little in FL I'm going to have to guess at it.

I'd want year round golf.  BUT it doesn't have to be HOT in the winter or anything.  I'd probably stay away from AZ or TX only because of irrigation issues.  Maybe the  Carolinas?

It would definitely come down to local availability.  We're spoiled here.  About 70 courses within an hour or so and most cost 50 dollars or less for 18 with a cart.

•  

All things being equal (which would mean taxes and real estate prices) it would have to be California. Hard to top Pebble Beach, San Diego, Palm Springs etc. Plus the food, the wine, the mountains, the beach and Holleywood especially since they finally changed the sign

•  

It would be a toss up for me, but my final choice would be Arizona....Scottsdale has some of the best courses around.  Sunshine over 300 days a year and hardly any wind to affect your shots.  My second choice would be California.  This was a tough one, because I was born in Arizona, raised in California, then went back to college in Arizona.

•  

Having lived in various locales, and getting the benefit of playing all around the USA, my pick would be right on the NC/SC border. There is great weather, a wide variety of course styles, cost effective living (and golf), and great weather the majority of the year. Yes the pace of life is a little slower, but there's nothing wrong with that!

• 1680 points

For those saying Hawaii.... Are you factoring in the wind that you will have to play in daily?