Do you hole out on the 18th?

Do you hole out on the 18th?

• 1643 points

During my recent trip to Pinehurst, I watched a group of guys all NOT finish out on the 18th at Pinehurst #2. This got me to thinking, do you finish out on the 18th?

I say no matter how bad it is, you should finish out on 18 for a memorable round.

• 4922 points

I have never quit on a round by choice...weather..emergency...darkness. I would consider it poor form.

•  

Depends on the game.  In Scotland they play four ball and they pick up once they are out of a hole.  Personally I need closure and hear the last one drop, Even in a bad round.

•  

If I pay, I'm getting my money'$ worth!

• 1643 points

Pinehurst #2.... are you not finishing out on #18?

•  

MarkWDallasTx
    I have never quit on a round by choice...weather..emergency...darkness. I would consider it poor form.

You got it right, Mark....finish the hole unless you are playing match play.....or captains choice.....if I am in any other type of match I finish each hole, period....fine'......cz  : )  

• 2718 points

I always finish out. Our regular group is usually within a few shots of each other so the 18th usually includes some bragging,finger pointing, complaining and excuses.  No one dares not finish because of  the  comments that will follow.

•  

Always.  Unless in match play your opponent concedes the putt.

•  

Of course you finish out.

• 1362 points

I hole out EVERY hole even if my opponent has conceded. I just can't put a number down on the scorecard that I didn't hit.

• 4943 points

I really don't understand why someone wouldn't 'hole out' when finishing a round.  Why hit the first shot either?  Certainly not at a notable course.

On a bad round, not in competition, at your local course, it makes sense. But otherwise, no.

• 3539 points

I always finish out , unless the putt is conceded in match play. I don't want to take any chances with that, I have been know to miss a short one.  

•  

They for sure run out of balls.

• 1643 points

I was shocked when I sat in my rocking chair watching groups come in on #2 not finishing out... I think most people sitting around were shocked of this too!!!!

•  

Best way to play is to finish them all out.  That's golf, except in match play.  JosephR, if your opponent in a match concedes, you pick up and move on, except for any practice you may have time to take once the hole is completed.