Just South of Torrey Pines - Sunset

Just South of Torrey Pines - Sunset

•  

Just had to share a neat photography.

The pier is in La Jolla, California, just a few miles south of Torrey Pines Golf Courses.

The picture was taken by ~ Alex Baltov:
    "Twice per year the setting sun aligns perfectly with the iconic Scripps Pier in La Jolla, California and last Friday was one of those nights."

He shared this picture in The Weather Channel. . .

•  

great shot

• 3551 points

That's pretty awesome...great photo!

• 1362 points

THAT IS ONE AWESOME IMAGE!!!!!!!!

• 3299 points

That is a great photo, stunning !!

•  

Sweet!  Great chow in that area!

• 1680 points

I love that whole area!!!! Im trying to make my way out there for the Giants vs Chargers game on 12/8 and of course some golf!

•  

Adam, send me and Don a message a few weeks out!

•  

wow!  that's a great picture.

• 2756 points

Very cool.  Great sunset...looks quite peaceful.

• 5736 points

Nice picture.

•  

Gorgeous photo.  Wonder how many other photogs were crowded under the pier trying to capture the same shot.

• 3066 points

When I lived in PB, I spent many days there, but never got to see that..Way Awesome..Thank you.

•  

Absolutely beautiful area.  Love the San Diego and La Jolla area.  After attending a conference in Palm Springs my wife and I drove down to San Diego.  After playing PGA West had to go play Torrey Pines.  Enjoyed the courses and the surrounding areas.  Plan on going back in he future.  The photo is awesome.  What time of the year was it taken?  Thanks for sharing this rare site.  cz : )  

•  

ChuckZ

... What time of the year was it taken?  Thanks for sharing this rare site.  cz : )

"Twice per year the setting sun aligns perfectly with the iconic Scripps Pier in La Jolla, California and last Friday was one of those nights."

by ~ Alex Baltov