Heading to Fisher's Island on Monday

Heading to Fisher's Island on Monday

• 5143 points

I have a distinct pleasure of joining a pal who is a member for a round on Monday. This is a delightful golf course designed way back when by Seth Raynor. While I have played here several times over the years, each round is a distinct and original challenge. I would never tire of this track if fate were to deal me in as a member...Next lifetime for that dream. Until then, I will enjoy my occasional forays onto this and other iconic golf venues..

Here's a look at the course 

:http://theitinerantgolfer.com/fishers-island-club/

• 819 points

Looks like a great track.  Enjoy your round and play well.

• 5143 points

Did NOTscore that well as I've been incorporating some swing changes and haven't quite got the new swing in place (www.waxgolf.com). But the course played well - sea breeze made the 6544 yard blues play like 7000...This is a wonderful golf course, a true delight!

•  

I checked the slope the scorecard and it is wicked.  143 is tough.  We are having the Women's US Am at the Country Club of Charleston next week and it is a Raynor course built in 1925 and they will have their hands full.  Seth can put together some interesting holes.  They redid the course and took it back to it's original condition from the plans they could find.  Thanks for sharing this info and I would to play this tract.  cz  : )

•  

Looks like an incredible place and with the location what a great experience

• 4312 points

That is an incredible opportunity!  I'm glad you had a great time!

• 2894 points

Looks terrific, I am sure all had a great time !!

• 1643 points

This is me very jealous!!!!

• 206 points

So jealous!  Fishers is right at the top of my golf bucket list. My father used to tell me stories about his trips to Fishers with college buddies and how much he loved the place. Someday...

• 5013 points

Welcome to the FJC ALKGolf!

And I'm jealous too. I've lived in some great places in and out of the US and am amazed at how many great courses that I never manage to see/play.

• 5013 points

Welcome to the FJC ALKGolf!

And I'm jealous too. I've lived in some great places in and out of the US and am amazed at how many great courses that I never manage to see/play.