Heading to TPC Boston Monday

Heading to TPC Boston Monday

•  

I know Buzza is a member here, and some FJA's got to play with Rick during the FJA.  This is a course I've always wanted to play.  On Monday  I get the chance.  

Of those of you that have played it, do you have any advise for me?

•  

Hit fairways, roll a bunch of putts before you start.

•  

19hole
    Hit fairways, roll a bunch of putts before you start.

Rick, You should be sitting next to Johnny Miller on the weekends. That is some high level,  Brilliant stuff.  ;)

TT

•  

The course is outstanding...you will have a great time!  Practice your putting since the greens can be tricky.  I would also get comfortable with your approach irons, not a lot of room for error...

•  

Have a great time.  This year they changed from sand bottles on the carts to replace your own divots.  It seems to be working out.

Not knowing how long or straight of a hitter you are, the 4th hole should be a fun one for you.  It is a pretty straight short par 4 playing to about 270 - 280.  My suggestion is to go for it.  You will not see too many other holes like that one, or at least there.  While standing on the 4th tee box, take notice to your left.  That is the 5th hole and looking over will give you a nice target line and view for landing.  Typically I hit a punch 3 wood or hydrid into the 5th leaving an up hill, but managible shot.

The 6th hole is the hardest par 4 at the TPC and #1 handicap hole.  I actually live about 600 yards behind the green through the woods.  There is water on the left side that will come into play on your approach shot, so try and stay just inside of the bunker on the right.  This will give you a better look at a long iron into a 3-tiered green.

I certainly could go on, so if you are looking for more, please let me know and I will try and give you the play by play hole from my view.

Last thing, enjoy the 16th hole.  That is where we (my company State Street) have our tent for the DB Championship.  The actually have one tent set up on the left of the pond, using for a marketing tool to fill a few more slots I would presume.

Wish I could swing over to say hello, buut Monday is the only day I am actually working next week as I have the RI State AM starting Tuesday.

Have a great time and let me know if you want any addtional details, more than happy to share.

•  

Have a great time.  This year they changed from sand bottles on the carts to replace your own divots.  It seems to be working out.

Not knowing how long or straight of a hitter you are, the 4th hole should be a fun one for you.  It is a pretty straight short par 4 playing to about 270 - 280.  My suggestion is to go for it.  You will not see too many other holes like that one, or at least there.  While standing on the 4th tee box, take notice to your left.  That is the 5th hole and looking over will give you a nice target line and view for landing.  Typically I hit a punch 3 wood or hydrid into the 5th leaving an up hill, but managible shot.

The 6th hole is the hardest par 4 at the TPC and #1 handicap hole.  I actually live about 600 yards behind the green through the woods.  There is water on the left side that will come into play on your approach shot, so try and stay just inside of the bunker on the right.  This will give you a better look at a long iron into a 3-tiered green.

I certainly could go on, so if you are looking for more, please let me know and I will try and give you the play by play hole from my view.

Last thing, enjoy the 16th hole.  That is where we (my company State Street) have our tent for the DB Championship.  The actually have one tent set up on the left of the pond, using for a marketing tool to fill a few more slots I would presume.

Wish I could swing over to say hello, buut Monday is the only day I am actually working next week as I have the RI State AM starting Tuesday.

Have a great time and let me know if you want any addtional details, more than happy to share.

• 2781 points

Always wanted to play there.  I know a member there but haven't got the chance to play it yet.

•  

Tim, I bet I could do a much better job than Miller!

• 2956 points

Josh, Although I have yet to play the TPC, I have been to the DB a few times. It is a beautiful course. Enjoy the course and scenery, play well, and share some memories after your round. Have a great day!

•  

Rick, Tim could probably do better than Miller. :)

•  

Please replace Miller, my desire to punch him in the face is still being calculated by NASA. Josh in all seriousness you should keep it in the fairway, greens do not hold well hitting out of the rough. Rick and I were feeling rough when we played it, pretty sure we almost fell over on the first tee box when we put the peg in the ground.

•  

I know I can putt better than Miller.  And my desire to punch him is 100%.

You lightweights need to learn to hold your liquor.

TT

•  

May have been bit hungover,  but ask Mike what the scores were,  just sayin'

•  

Well I really enjoyed my time at TPC Boston.  Thanks for the words of wisdom Buzza.

What a course!  The first 2 par 3's really at my lunch and kept me from posting a really great (for me) round.  I didn't take your advice and laid up on 5, but I ended up with a nice two putt par and won some skins.  Number 6 actually worked out really well for me.  I hit a nice drawing 5 iron that rolled out to about 20 ft and two putted from there.  I took Rick's timeless wisdom and hit every fairway on the front 9.  The back didn't go as well.  I did have a great birdie on 16 in front of Buzza's grand stands with a front left pin.  Although I really like 18, it absolutely wrecked me.  I got in the hazard trying to go for it.  After that, the new, pretty much bikini waxed, green complex tested my short game-and it failed.  I'm excited to see the pros tackle 18 this year.  My most memorable shot was on #2.  I had 210 to the green and went for it... Well I came up short and in the hazard (notice a pattern?).  I dropped at about the 150 mark and stuck it to within 4 feet and made the putt.  It was only a par, but it felt like a bird.  

I ended up shooting 40-46 for an 86 from the Blacks (72.1/139) (3rd of 5 sets) which I'm fine with on a tough course for the first time.

•  

Glad you enjoyed it and had a great day Josh.

Absolutely nothing. I mean nothing worse that getting to a course that everyone says is great and you don't think much of.

Hope you get a chance to play there again soon.