Off to Myrtle Beach!

Off to Myrtle Beach!

•  

Start a week's golf trip to Myrtle on Tuesday.  We're (eight of us total) going to the Legends Golf Resort and will play their 5 courses while we're there.  Going to be a long day's drive there and another back next week.  Looking forward to the trip, though, as it will be my first visit to Myrtle.  With all my new FJ shirts, I'll be styling big time.  Plan to take the two pair of MProjects to wear during the week, along with StaSof and SciFlex gloves.  And of course I'll have my DryJoys Performance Light rain gear with me, just in case.  I'll post some photos after I return.

•  

Have a great time.  There is about 100 courses in the MB area, too bad you won't be there long enough to play them all  but keep coming back.

• 3539 points

I hope you have a great time...Lots a good golf courses in the area. Looking forward to the photos!

•  

Ted

There has been a bunch of wet weather down there. Perhaps a pair of DryJoys is in order!

The Legends courses are all fantastic, so I know you'll have a wonderful time.

•  

Enjoy and safe travels. Look forward to seeing your pics.

•  

Yeah, have a great week.

Extremely envious !!!

Looking forward to the pics.

•  

Oyster Bay Golf Links today--beautiful course, with lots of challenges.  Terrific day today.  Cooler, not much breeze, very comfortable.  Had a good day on the course, as well, with 2 birdies.  Was low gross today in our group (second time this trip).  One last round tomorrow  here at the Legends resort.  We'll be on the Moorland course; should be interesting and fun.  Will post some photos Tuesday, after I get home.

•  

Way to go Ted, keep it going!

•  

If you are looking for ICONs - try the two stores that are across from each other in North Myrtle -  they are nice closeout bargains there for $99 (looked at them last weekend).

•  

Finished today at the Legends Moorland course.  The four of us with the best cumulative scores were paired.  Two of us were also in the hunt for best cumulative score on all par 3s for the week.  Managed to shoot 81, with 14 strokes on the par 3s.  Tied for overall low gross and low cumulative on the 3s for the week.  Great group to play with and had a lot of fun.  Photos to be posted Tuesday or Wednesday.

• 1466 points

Just a little bit jealous....would love to see some pics

•  

Ted

Oyster Bay is one of my all time favorite courses. Was the gator out and visible? He's a big 'ol boy....

•  

I didn't see him, but the others in the group did.  Beautiful course and we had fantastic weather.  Would love to give it another go someday.

By the way, pictures are on hold while I try to find my camera!

•  

Found the camera!  Here are a few pictures:

pulplvr on the tee of #5 at The Heritage Club.  Have to draw/hook it off the bunker and around/under a big tree to have a clean, shorter shot to the green.

First hole of Legends/Parkland.  First round of the trip began here.

First hole of the Heritage Club.

The dreaded 13th, Heritage Club.  Just missed the green left, and did not save my par.

Heritage Club, #18 from the fairway.  Tough par 5 if you try to go to the green in 2.

#13 at Oyster Bay.  Interesting short par 4.  We played it at 276--no one went for the green in one, surprise.

Final shot at Oyster Bay.  The green slopes mightily from back to front, so you have to be careful with your approach.

#2, Legends/Moorland course.  Very interesting par 5.  Challenge is to place the tee shot where you can go to the upper fairway for your third.

Par 3 7th at Legends/Moorland.  We played it at 208 into the wind and were not on the back tees!