PINEHURST

PINEHURST

• 1466 points

Just got back from playing Pinehurst and to my surprise #8 was my favorite! Not sure what it was but I really like the layout (so did my score). Anyone else share this thought?

And fwi I played 2, 3, 4, 8

• 544 points

I think you picked the best 4.  

• 544 points

Although the argument could be made for #1 over #3...

•  

Sounds like you had a great sequence at Pinehurst. It is a special kind of place. In my humble opinion it is the best overall golf destination.

•  

Gzink96
    Just got back from playing Pinehurst and to my surprise #8 was my favorite! Not sure what it was but I really like the layout (so did my score). Anyone else share this thought?

And fwi I played 2, 3, 4, 8

What were your thoughts on NO. 2. As tough as they say?

•  

Pinehurst a player's dream....Hoping to make mine come true soon !

•  

Hey Croc, Number 2 is not that tough.  It is the lore that gets you.

•  

i played 2, 4, 6, and 8 back in the late 90s.  2 was my favorite, but honestly, they were all great courses.  it's not the course that's tough as much as it's the greens.  at some point you are going to putt one off the green.  

• 1466 points

CROCMAN

#2 is defiently not easy! Greens are very difficult as they all are turtlebacks and very firm so anything more than about a 7 iron won't stick. Long and tee shots not is the fairway are in sandy waste areas with lots of weeds, no rough. Appeared easy compared to the setup that the 2014 US Open will have, most of their tees are at least 30 yards further back from the tips now and much more difficult angles

•  

#8 is a great track and we love it (we celebrated our anniversary there 2 years ago). It's a toss up between #8, #4, #7 and #2. Still, we really enjoyed #1 and #3. We plan to go back in the next 2 years. Perhaps #9 will be finished by then.

•  

I don't know Bob - #2's greens can be very confusing.

•  

fredcloss
    I don't know Bob - #2's greens can be very confusing.

Fred

You are right,  the secret to D Ross is to play to the middle of the greens and put to the corners.  I will admit I have not played it since they rebuilt them.  To me #8 is the hardest.