Golf in Greenwood SC

Golf in Greenwood SC

•  

You guessed it, I'll be in Greenwood SC soon. Does anyone know a good track in the area?

•  

I don't know much about that area, but you're about an hour from Greenville.  Shank's Driving Range is there and I'm sure some good courses.  If you don't mind a little bit of a drive, Woodfin Ridge Golf Club is about an hour and a half north of there.  It's a really nice course.

•  

I know a very good golf course about 1.5 hours from there in Greenville, SC.....Greenwood is a very "small town" and from what I can see online has about five courses, which really surprised me.....Golfnow advertises their rates from $9.99 to $14.00.....The Perserve at Verdae Golf Club is a great course and I played it years ago......I spoke with someone in the proshop today and they are running specials this month on Tuesdays and Thursdays for $39....and their normal rack rate is $63......this may go into October, but I am not sure, so I would call if you are interested....their phone number is 964-676-1700...they have mini verde bermuda greens and the course is 6773 yards long.......I live in Charleston which is about 3-4 hours from there, so do not get up that way very often.....rather play on the coast......might look on the computer in the Aiken/Anderson/Spartanburg areas also.....Clemson University has an outstanding course if you could get on it to play and Furman University is in that area as well and they have produced many great female golfers and their course is outstanding, I have played both of them......I would recommend going on line and giving them a call to see exactly how far it would be for you from Greenwood......hope this helps.......cz  : )