top courses by state

top courses by state

•  

Hey all FJC. I love to look for new courses and I have been using this travel planner for the top courses in each state on golf digest site:

http://www.golfdigest.com/golf-courses/united-states

MW

•  

I have played 8/10 of the courses listed in Oklahoma. Very great courses and a few very humbling tests.

TT

•  

Thanks for sharing. Very usefull for the day I decide to cross the ocean.

• 1059 points

Played 6 if the top 10 in Utah....if, and I mean if, you can swing the The Country Club, you will have played the BEST this state has to offer.  There is a 5 year wait to join, and 100K buy in.  If you can't, play Victory Ranch. Have fun

•  

It's an interesting listing, though I think it is too heavily weighted toward the private courses.  I'd love to see a separate travel planner for the courses you can actually get onto without having to be a member, know somebody who is, or having to pay an exorbitant amount of money to play.

• 1059 points

I agree with pulplvr....now with that being said, Utah has fantastic public courses like Soldier Hollow, Hobble Creek, Sun Brook to name just a few.  Anyone of those beautiful course will only cost you $36.00 to play.  I would like to suggest Hobble Creek, nestled up in a canyon and surrounded by shear beauty.  The only public course on Utah's Top 10 is Sand Hollow which in the summer can reach 100+ in temperature.

•  

I have played all of the ones in WV, they are pretty spot on

•  

pulplvr
    It's an interesting listing, though I think it is too heavily weighted toward the private courses.  I'd love to see a separate travel planner for the courses you can actually get onto without having to be a member, know somebody who is, or having to pay an exorbitant amount of money to play.

This may help you out:

www.golf.com/.../best-public-golf-courses-every-state

•  

Thanks, Mike.  I find I've played very few of the listed courses in Virginia, Maryland, Utah, Wyoming, and Texas.  Need to check on North Carolina, South Carolina, and Georgia.

•  

Now I've had a chance to look through the lists for those states, as well, and feel even worse.  I think I have played one of all the courses listed for those three states.  Looks like a lot of them are new since I lived in or visited those states.

•  

I have played 8/25 in NC and 14 of the 20 on the public side.

•  

I hear ya Lusogolf.

ONE DAY !

• 67 points

I've played 5 out of 10 in Louisiana, and luckily am a member at number 2.  

•  

My goal is to play a course in all 50 states. My sister wants to go to school in Alaska, shucks I guess I will have to go on the college visit with her!

• 784 points

WOW!!! Thanks for the link, I'll definitely looks into some of these courses.