Bucket List: Top 100 courses - Which have you played?

Bucket List: Top 100 courses - Which have you played?

• 5255 points

A former co-worker has a neat item on his wall  - looks like a printer's box holding golf balls from the top 100 courses in the world. He's had the good fortune to have played quite a few as the growing display of logo balls from each spot attest.

For me, the list is very incomplete - Riviera is one, Fisher's Island is another..I regularly play Bethpage Black..

What "bucket list" courses have you played?

•  

Oakmont CC (Favorite course I have ever played, hardest also), Bethpage, Bay Hill, Medinah

• 2763 points

I,ve been able to shorten my list by playing St.Andrews,Turnberry,Carnoustie,Ballybunion,Muirfield Village,T.P.C. Jacksonville and Kapalua. Still lots on the list.

•  

St. Andrews, Carnoustie, Kingsbarn, Quail Hollow, Bandon would round out the list.  

Augusta is just assumed to be on all lists!

• 5255 points

Devin_Gmitter
    St. Andrews, Carnoustie, Kingsbarn, Quail Hollow, Bandon would round out the list.  

Augusta is just assumed to be on all lists!

• 5255 points

You've had the fortune to play Augusta? I am a near miss there - New boss told me he'd met a member who invited him to play  - If the new boss had known at the time I was a golfer, he could have brought me along!!! Boss didn't know and so i didn't play. Of course, now I work for another company and that option is pretty much gone...

I too have played Bandon, and am adding in Piping Rock, Maidstone, Winged Foot..

•  

As Devin says Augusta is at the top of the list. I have been pretty lucky as I have played all of the Open Rota in Scotland, most of them multiple times.

• 5255 points

And Yale! A wonderfully challenging course with greens that will eat you up!

•  

There are so many Top 100 lists floating around.  I have played Pinehurst #2,4,7,8; Pine Needles, Forest Creek, Whistling Straits,

The Greenbriar, Princeville, Turnberry, Troon, Prestwick, Waterville, Old Head, Portmarnock, Torrey Pines, thats all I can remember.  Remaining on Bucket List: Pebble Beach, Pine Valley, St. Andrews,  Augusta National, Royal County Downs.  Maybe someday.

•  

Augusta National is at the top of the list.  I'm with NCBob and several of his selections - Pine Valley (NJ), Pebble Beach, St. Andrews, and PGA West (during the final round of Q-School), The Country Club, and Doral.

•  

Augusta should be on all lists.

Bethpage Black, Doral Blue Monster, Kiawah Island, And really any and all of the Scotland rotation that Rick mentioned.

TT

•  

I loved Oakmont CC.  The greens were out of control fast.  Loved the church pews.  Had to hit a ball into them just to try and get the ball out.  Not as easy as it looked, if it did look easy on TV.

•  

BostonBuzza
    I loved Oakmont CC.  The greens were out of control fast.  Loved the church pews.  Had to hit a ball into them just to try and get the ball out.  Not as easy as it looked, if it did look easy on TV.

I never hit it into the pews thankfully, actually never missed the fairway on 3! Coming back on hole four, I ALWAYS block it out right.

•  

I had to hit it in just to really see how big and daunghting of a task it would be to get out.  Those pews are just beautiful.  Still have the tickets hanging up in my office.

•  

i've played Pinehurst #2.  great course and i hope to get back there soon.  but i really would like to play kiawah, bethpage, and oakmont.  all three are easy driving distance from me, but of course, Oakmont might be a bit difficult to get on.

i have a list somewhere that i typed up.  i broke it down into courses that would be easy to play, hard to play, very hard to play, and virtually impossible to play.  i'll have to look for that.