Forums

Cold NE Day on the course

•  

ToddL
    The layering system will work perfectly.  A Performance sweater and you can play 36!

Yes you can, in fact, I did it this morning.  My club's got the temporary greens going, so it's not quite as fun, but golf is golf!

•  

Weather is going to be rough, but I will try and get some play in this weekend.  Bronchitis for two weeks has put a damper on "meetings".  Hope our weather holds up here in OK.

TT

•  

I am absolutly jealous now.  I am going to try and squeak in a round this weekend, but I am looking at a high of 52.. Time to gear up in some FJ layers.

•  

I too am very jealous of Tim...

My clubs have been cleaned and are nicely comfortable in the basement next to my FJ's.  They can easily come out if the weather warms up.  Having said that, we had about a 1/2 inch of snow fall on the grass yesterday (did not stick on the paved surfaces).

•  

Sunday was nice enough to slip in another round.  A bit foggy to start, right around 10, but cleared nicely by noon and was warm enough to remove my FJ Merino for the rest of the round.  Not too bad overall.  Glad to see the weather stay around the 50"s...Hope it lasts.

•  

We had recoed highs this weekend.  77 Saturday, 76 Sunday.  Sorry to brag, but it is awesome.

TT

•  

Tim, How many rounds did that equate to for you....1, 2, 3?  You are killing me.  Need to move to a warmer climate.

• 3542 points

Great weather in North Carolina today...not too many days in December when I get to wear shorts! We played 36 holes in fantastic weather, highs in the low 70's, lows in the upper 50's for the next couple of days!

•  

BostonBuzza
    Tim, How many rounds did that equate to for you....1, 2, 3?  You are killing me.  Need to move to a warmer climate.

Only one round per day.  Still fighting with Bronchitis.  But did hit quite a few range balls and worked on putting.

TT

•  

Like Tim, we had record temperatures here in the Houston area through the weekend.  Played in an inter league competition on Friday: 39-39 beginning with a double and including another double.  Played a league tournament Sunday in record heat for 2 Dec.  Shot 40-42.  Played today, but I think I was just not ready.  Shot 46-40.  Playing Tuesday - Friday this week, as long as the rain comes in the late afternoon as predicted.  It's tough down here this fall, but someone has to be here.