Forums

Cold NE Day on the course

•  

I was able to slip in 2 rounds yesterday up here in New England.  It was the 1st true cold day, temps held around 39 for the day.  Round 1 was a dissater, 43-36 and Round 2 was a bit better 36-35.  I guess my hands just got used to being a bit numb.  Good news is both rounds only took just over 3 hours.

Anyone else get out yesterday?

•  

Hoping to get out for at least 9 holes today after work. Looks like it might be low 40's, just hoping the rain stays away.

• 2956 points

Played at Braintree MA yesterday. Mid to upper 30's all day. Walked 18 in 3:20 (about 6500 yd). Actually wasn't too bad because the sun was out and a very light wind. Gotta love fall golf.

P.S. Buzza 36-35 is a very nice round.

• 3539 points

I played Monday and it was in the 40's for most of the round but, looks like a great weekend here in the Carolinas, sunny and 70. Gearing up for a 4-day golf weekend at Myrtle Beach!

•  

Shawks, I am jealous...Wish I could go away to Myrtle Beach.  Hope the courses you are playing on did not take any damage the last week.  Enjoy...

•  

Thank you, not a bad score for the 2nd round.  To be honest, I was trying to get in at least 2 more in order to kick out a fluke 67 I had a couple months ago.  Did not want to carry a 1 through the winter.  The other guys I play with will just take all of my money and I wont have any left for new FJ gear.

If you live close to Braintree, we will have to hook up for a round next year.. Maybe Pinehills or Braintree..

• 3539 points

BostonBuzza

Shawks, I am jealous...Wish I could go away to Myrtle Beach.  Hope the courses you are playing on did not take any damage the last week.  Enjoy...

Thanks! It was a great golf weekend, sunny and 70's all four days! The courses were in good shape and didn't appear to have any damage from Sandy.

•  

Looks like a great weekend of golf indeed there  s11.....High 60's on Saturday here in CT a fabulous fall day, but unfortunately Golf was not on the agenda....Laundry, leaves and life's errands  took precedence  !

•  

Nothing could be finer than being in Carolina in the morning.  Rained out today.

• 2712 points

We are playing at Acushnet on Thurs. and moved our Tee time back an hour in hopes that the temp will rise to the 40's when we tee off. Time to layer up the Footjoys.

•  

The layering system will work perfectly.  A Performance sweater and you can play 36!

• 555 points

Yeah here in PA it's in the low 50's and got to play a few rounds earlier in the week. How are the courses up in the New England area?

•  

The course are all in pretty good shape.  We have had plenty of rain, so most courses are still very green.  The majority of the leaves have fallen at this point, so its been a challange to find balls from time to time depending on how quicky the greens crew can get at them.

-Brian

•  

Ditto.....However, much clean up after Sandy. The Par 3 along the beach in Town got pummeled. 3/4 of it was under water and it is still closed. Not sure of the condition as the power was out for 8 days after the storm so there was no way to run the springer system to aid in removing salt and sand from the storm surge....

BostonBuzza
    The course are all in pretty good shape.  We have had plenty of rain, so most courses are still very green.  The majority of the leaves have fallen at this point, so its been a challange to find balls from time to time depending on how quicky the greens crew can get at them.

-Brian

• 2712 points

Played on Thursday and just about froze our fingers off-swore we were done for the season.  Now it's back in the 50's and the clubs are back out of the basement.