Forums

Thailand Golf Courses

•  

Hi Everyone! 

A small country in Asia may not sound like a golf destination to many golfers in the United States, but I've been told that Thailand has been the place to golf. 

Some 10 years ago, when I visited Thailand, I have seen some amazing courses with great amenities.  Reading up about it and learning more about Thailand, I ran into this information.  Impressive!

By the way, please note; if you happen to read on, their money (baht) it is approximately 30 baht to 1 dollar.  They mentioned 8 billion baht, that's about $266,666,667, they are talking about annually.  And also, 400,000 visitors annually.

I remember playing a few gorgeous courses over there and the average greens fee was $20.00 and a couple of dollars for a caddy plus tip.

=================================

Lifted from Wikipedia:

Statistics

There are an average of 400,000 foreign golfers coming to the Kingdom annually, golf in Thailand has turned into a huge local industry with new courses constantly being developed. Golf alone is annually bringing an income of 8 billion baht into the local economy. The country has been given the nickname 'The Golf Capital of Asia'.[citation needed]

Thailand has over two hundred courses which are rated as the highest world standard. Many of them have been designed and created by some of the classic names in the golfing world such as Nick Faldo, Arnold Palmer, Jack Nicklaus, Seve Ballesteros, Gary Player, and Greg Norman.[1][2]

•  

A few months ago, I found FootJoy in Thailand.  I thought I might get a chime in at least from FootJoy Staff who works and visit there.  Anyone?  What courses- any course.

•  

Maria B, Sr Director of Glove and Accessory Marketing, just came back from Thailand.

•  

Wow that must have been some trip.  I can't stop to think about it. . . a country with a huge "Glove Box"?!

I wonder what courses she got to play. . . does she play? . . . which courses (if)?

•  

I actually think they did play one round, I can ask where.

•  

The names of the courses in Thailand could either be in Thai or in English.  It is difficult to pronounce the Thai names, and when the language is associated with golf, I get mixed up, I don't know what to think.  Many are also named in English, but I also get mixed up when they do that.  It's odd!

One thing not odd is how golf courses play.  It is good when it is good.  Most of them uses the USGA slope and rating.  That's one way of knowing what to expect.

Also, just like here, they also have private courses open to only their members and guests as well as semi private and public access.

My wife and I found some time off coming up at the end of January.  We will be visiting Thailand.

Riverdale Golf - www.mbkgolf.com/.../index.php

Rajpruek CC - www.rajpruek.com/index.php

Black Mountain Golf - www.blackmountainhuahin.com

The first two courses above are what we will be playing mostly.

•  

Thailand is really a very nice golf destination with very good courses.

Just arrived at the Bangkok airport you can start playing at the airport course between the taxiways. Fantastic and different from anywhere else. You may have a look on: www.youtube.com/watch

Another ammenity is that almost always you have a lady caddie to carry your bag and an umbrella to protect you from the hard sun.

Highly recommended.

•  

That's amazing, Lusogolf!  A golf course right in the airport.  Thank you for sharing.  I can't say I've even heard of it or any course right in an airport.

While I'm not sure we will make that round at the airport, another course, south of Bangkok might be added to one we will play.  It is called Royal Hua Hin GC, aka to most as Railway Golf Course, built in 1924.  This is the first golf course in the country.  The Thai people are big on honors.  I would like to honor them by acknowledging their golf history as well as and be honored to play their first golf course.

Thank you for endorsing or your recommendation for Thailand golf.

•  

Sorry, but I just read or saw a menu . . . "Fried Donkey".  I think that's Chinese.

We love Thai food, but when we go visit Thailand this time, it make me want to stick with rice, fish and vegetables. (LOL)

•  

Devin_Gmitter
    I actually think they did play one round, I can ask where.

Devin, have you heard anything from anyone.  just curious.

•  

noeldaof
    Sorry, but I just read or saw a menu . . . "Fried Donkey".  I think that's Chinese.

We love Thai food, but when we go visit Thailand this time, it make me want to stick with rice, fish and vegetables. (LOL)

Take care, every food very hot...

•  

Lusogolf
    noeldaofSorry, but I just read or saw a menu . . . "Fried Donkey".  I think that's Chinese.

'Love the spice, Lusogolf. . . . that I look forward to.  The one time we were there, they served us noodles with amazing flavors and spice.

•  

noeldaof
    LusogolfnoeldaofSorry, but I just read or saw a menu . . . "Fried Donkey".  I think that's Chinese.

'Love the spice, Lusogolf. . . . that I look forward to.  The one time we were there, they served us noodles with amazing flavors and spice.

And there will be always a cool Singha. Cheers!!!

•  

Singha beer is good beer, yes!